[comp.sys.amiga] Happy Mail Order Story

nschultz@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Ned W. Schultz) (08/18/89)

 In my opinion, one of the best-kept mail order secrets is Safe Harbor
in Wisconsin.  It is a small outfit, but their stock is growing all the
time.  Excellent prices.  The best news is the service.  Mary is very
helpful in getting you what you want.  She has tracked down a number of
unusual things for me.  Twice now she has gotten me software that no
other place in the country could get for me.  Apparently she is very
persuasive in calling companies, etc.  And all at discount prices!  When
she has not been able to fill the order right away, she sends postcards
to me about once a week just to let me know she is still chasing things
down.  She has called me without my asking just to update me on orders.
And when she gets it in (or has it in stock) it is sent out immediately.
Frankly I have rarely received better attention from any retailer anywhere.

 I do not know Mary and am not in any way associated with Safe Harbor.

 They run a little ad in the back of AmigaWorld.  1-800-544-6599.
PCPursuit-able BBS is 414-544-6567.

 I hope she stays in business as long as I own an Amiga!

  - Ned

=  "Ever groan with the guru in the pale moonlight?"   =
=  Ned W. Schultz     nschultz@polyslo.calpoly.edu     =

jmpiazza@sunybcs.uucp (Joseph M. Piazza) (08/18/89)

In article <13659@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU> nschultz@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Ned W. Schultz) writes:

> In my opinion, one of the best-kept mail order secrets is Safe Harbor
>in Wisconsin.  It is a small outfit, but their stock is growing all the
>time.

	That's good to hear since it's apparant that they're still on the
small side.

>Excellent prices.  The best news is the service.  Mary is very
>helpful in getting you what you want.

	I got my A-Max and Mac ROMs from them.  When I told her about an order
that I canceled somewhere else (they were out of stock) she asked for their
price which was $15-$20 less.  "That's a lot, isn't it?" she said.  "Well,
it's all relative ..." says I, and she knocked off $5 off their price, and
apologized that was the best she could do -- it was her idea.  Note: that
month was the first time I saw an add from that other place.  So if they
continue to grow their prices can only get better.

	I enquired whether I should go for second day air and after
inquiring where I lived she said to go with UPS land and it will get to me
in two days.  Two days later I had my A-Max and ROMs and the Mac drive I
ordered from MacConnection (an excellant Mac mail order place -- I ordered
it the next day and they ship over night). I was in mail-order heaven.

	We chatted a bit and she inquired where I heard of them and I
responded "Usenet."  No response of "what's that?"  Since she wasn't afraid
to admit what she didn't know about, such as my Princeton Graphics Max-15
monochrome multisynch, she knows what Usenet is.  Knowledgable woman.

> I do not know Mary and am not in any way associated with Safe Harbor.
> ... I hope she stays in business as long as I own an Amiga!

	Ditto.

> ... They run a little ad in the back of AmigaWorld. ...

	Look it up.  Prices on some items are very competitive.

Flip side,

	joe piazza

--- "Where's my other sock?"  A. Einstein

CS Dept. SUNY at Buffalo 14260

UUCP: ..!{ames,boulder,decvax,rutgers}!sunybcs!jmpiazza		GEnie: jmpiazza
BITNET: jmpiazza@sunybcs.BITNET		Internet: jmpiazza@cs.Buffalo.edu

alh@hprmokg.HP.COM (Al Harrington) (08/22/89)

>> In my opinion, one of the best-kept mail order secrets is Safe Harbor
>>in Wisconsin.  It is a small outfit, but their stock is growing all the
>>time.

I have nothing but good things to say about Safe Harbor.  I have
ordered hardware and software from there several times and have never
been disappointed.

>	We chatted a bit and she inquired where I heard of them and I
>responded "Usenet."  No response of "what's that?"  Since she wasn't afraid
>to admit what she didn't know about, such as my Princeton Graphics Max-15
>monochrome multisynch, she knows what Usenet is.  Knowledgable woman.

Mary is very nice and knowledgable.  Her husband knows the technical
stuff.   Once she couldn't answer my question she had him call me when
he got home.  Worked out great.

>> I do not know Mary and am not in any way associated with Safe Harbor.
>> ... I hope she stays in business as long as I own an Amiga!
>
>	Ditto.

Same here.  Tell her I sent ya though! :-)   I've recommend several
S.H. to several people and all have been pleased.

>> ... They run a little ad in the back of AmigaWorld. ...
>
>	Look it up.  Prices on some items are very competitive.

And you get it right away!  I've never waited over a week for
something -- even if they don't have it in stock.

+-------------------------------------+------------------------------------+
| -Al Harrington                  /// |                                    |
|                                ///  |    "Do I look like I'm joking?"    |
| alh@hprmo.HP.COM           \\\///   |                                    |
| ..{hplabs,hp-sde}!hprmo!alh \XX/    |               - The Joker          |
+-------------------------------------+------------------------------------+
|         My comments in no way reflect the views or opinions of HP        |

johnm@spudge.UUCP (John Munsch) (08/24/89)

In article <13240039@hprmokg.HP.COM> alh@hprmokg.HP.COM (Al Harrington) writes:
>>> In my opinion, one of the best-kept mail order secrets is Safe Harbor
>>>in Wisconsin.  It is a small outfit, but their stock is growing all the
>>>time.
>>
>I have nothing but good things to say about Safe Harbor.  I have
>ordered hardware and software from there several times and have never
>been disappointed.

(clap clap clap clap clap...)

I agree completely.  The next time I want something I'll be calling them
first!

John Munsch