[comp.sys.amiga] UEMACS 3.10 and/or MicroGnuEmacs

"kosma@ALAN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM"@alan.kahuna.decnet.lockheed.com (08/23/89)

Date: Mon, 21 Aug 89 12:27 PDT
From: Montgomery Kosma <kosma@ALAN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM>
Subject: UEMACS 3.10 and/or MicroGnuEmacs
To: "pigpen::amiga-relay%udel.edu"@KAHUNA.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM

Hi net...

sorry to bother you guys with my own personal problems, but a node in
the semi-infinite chain of mail nodes between me and the world was ill
last week and I lost incoming/outgoing mail for a few days.  Now that
everything is stable :-), if anybody replied to my messages of last week
(new replies welcome too!) could you forward me the responses (or try
again)?  Greatly appreciated!!!

As I recall the two messages were:

1.  UEmacs 3.10:  how do I get it to use ALT as META, and how do I get
    it to recognize MOREROWS?

2.  MicroGnuEmacs:  where can I get it, without have ftp access?

THANKS much!!

monty kosma
kosma@alan.decnet.lockheed.com

In article <22215@louie.udel.EDU> monty kosma writes:
>1.  UEmacs 3.10:  how do I get it to use ALT as META, and how do I get
>    it to recognize MOREROWS?

You have to modify the "amigados.c" file and recompile. I've been doing
just this for several reasons.
		1) It doesn't use DeadKeyConvert() so you can't get 8bit
		   characters (it does now)
		2) It couldn't use different fonts. (it does now)
		3) It couldn't use a separate screen or morerows.(it does now.)
		4) It couldn't talk to ARexx (it will soon :-))

Anyway, you can wait for me to post my version of amiga.c (which replaces
amigados.c and ansi.c) and recompile it. Or, you can go in and modify
the amigados.c file and recompile it (but don't recompile the original
with Lattice because it doesn't work right), or you can wait for the binary
I will eventually produce/redistribute. [NB: I use Lattice mostly and some
of the features in my version of amiga.c use Latticisms's like __saveds]

>2.  MicroGnuEmacs:  where can I get it, without have ftp access?

The easiest way is to copy it off a Fish Disk at a dealer near you or send
the appropriate amount to Fred to cause him to eject a disk in your direction.

--Chuck McManis
"A most excellent barbarian ... Genghis Kahn!"

pl@etana.tut.fi (Lehtinen Pertti) (08/24/89)

From article <123183@sun.Eng.Sun.COM>, by cmcmanis%pepper@Sun.COM (Chuck McManis):

> You have to modify the "amigados.c" file and recompile. I've been doing
> just this for several reasons.
> 		1) It doesn't use DeadKeyConvert() so you can't get 8bit
> 		   characters (it does now)
> 		2) It couldn't use different fonts. (it does now)
> 		3) It couldn't use a separate screen or morerows.(it does now.)
> 		4) It couldn't talk to ARexx (it will soon :-))

	I would be very happy if it would also have some knowledge
	over keymaps, because the version I have doesn't.

--
pl@tut.fi				! All opinions expressed above are
Pertti Lehtinen				! purely offending and in subject