[comp.sys.amiga] Looking for reputable hard drive sellers

limonce@pilot.njin.net (Tom Limoncelli) (07/26/89)

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a SCSI hard drive but I'm looking for a good price.
I bought a couple magazines looking for a "harddrives R us" kind of
place but they must not advertise on months with g's in them (or I
happened to pick the wrong magazines).*

Any recommendations or warnings?
Thanks.
Tom

* -- Oh, I did find some, but they were all non-SCSI drives.
--
 Tom Limoncelli -- tlimonce@drunivac.Bitnet -- limonce@pilot.njin.net
       Drew University -- Box 1060, Madison, NJ -- 201-408-5389

jafo@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Sean Reifschneider) (07/27/89)

>Hello,
>
>I'm looking to buy a SCSI hard drive but I'm looking for a good price.

Hi!  Look at computer shopper.  I seem to remember that there was a
Seagate 277N for sale in there for $375.  I got mine 6 months ago
for $435.  I got mine from GVP.  I called them to make sure that the
drive would work with the Impact A-2000.  They told me that it would,
and asked if I had a price on it.  I told them it, they matched it, and
shiped it the same day.  I can get the GVP phone number for you, if you
need it.

Sean

hah@inteloa.intel.com (Hans A. Hansen) (07/29/89)

In article <Jul.26.00.37.52.1989.27288@pilot.njin.net> limonce@pilot.njin.net (Tom Limoncelli) writes:
$
$Hello,
$
$I'm looking to buy a SCSI hard drive but I'm looking for a good price.
$I bought a couple magazines looking for a "harddrives R us" kind of
$place but they must not advertise on months with g's in them (or I
$happened to pick the wrong magazines).*
$
$Any recommendations or warnings?

Bill Seymour has been selling 200+ and 300+MB SCSI drives at very reasonable
prices.

Bill can be reached at (503) 640-0842

P.S.
	Bill is a personal friend that I have known thru our local Amiga
Users Group, NAG (Northwest Amiga Group), first as Librarian and now President.
He has proven to be very knowledgable about the Amiga is very much up on all
new Ami H/W-S/W.  Bill is running a side business of configuring up HD SCSI
systems for local NAG members.  He also sells and installs the Kickstart
Eliminator.

$Thanks.
$Tom

	Your welcome
	Hans
$
$* -- Oh, I did find some, but they were all non-SCSI drives.
$--

	Hans	hah@inteloa.intel.com

billsey@agora.UUCP (Bill Seymour) (07/31/89)

From article <Jul.26.00.37.52.1989.27288@pilot.njin.net:, by limonce@pilot.njin.net (Tom Limoncelli):
: I'm looking to buy a SCSI hard drive but I'm looking for a good price.
: I bought a couple magazines looking for a "harddrives R us" kind of
: place but they must not advertise on months with g's in them (or I
: happened to pick the wrong magazines).*

	If you're interested in big drives... I can get you new Maxtor
XT-3380S (300+Megs) SCSI drives for $1300 each. I haven't seen the price
beaten anywhere yet, but it is a rather big drive if you're just looking
for something SCSI on the cheap.

: Thanks.
: Tom
:
: * -- Oh, I did find some, but they were all non-SCSI drives.
: --
:  Tom Limoncelli -- tlimonce@drunivac.Bitnet -- limonce@pilot.njin.net
:        Drew University -- Box 1060, Madison, NJ -- 201-408-5389
:    Standard Disclaimer: I am not the mouth-piece of Drew University
:   "DEC's All-In-1 isn't completely useless, but it's a nice attempt."

	Give me a call if you're interested, or leave me mail. Or you
can always just send a check to:
		Bill Seymour
		1701 SE Oak St.
		Hillsboro, OR 97123
	They're $1300 each, and I'll ship anywhere in the continental US
for free...
			Bill
--
     -Bill Seymour             ...tektronix!reed!percival!agora!billsey
                               ...tektronix!sequent.UUCP!calvin!billsey

morsinac@econ.vu.nl (Triple A) (08/24/89)

In article <4717@omepd.UUCP> hah@inteloa.UUCP (Hans A. Hansen) writes:
>                                He also sells and installs the Kickstart
>Eliminator.

What is a Kickstart Eliminator? Ok, it's probably just what its
name says, but what would you use it for?
Please tell me!

AXEL (morsinac@econ.vu.nl)

billsey@agora.UUCP (Bill Seymour) (08/26/89)

From article <279@vuecon.econ.vu.nl:, by morsinac@econ.vu.nl (Triple A):
: What is a Kickstart Eliminator? Ok, it's probably just what its
: name says, but what would you use it for?
: Please tell me!

	OK, I will! :-) The Kickstart Eliminator is a product sold by
Creative Microsystems, Inc. that puts the kickstart in ROM for your Amiga
1000. It comes with four ROMs, a PAL, a couple of sockets and bits of
wire and an instruction manual... After installation (soldering is
involved...) you can boot your 1000 directly to a workbench disk from
powerup. You will also be able to use the 256K of memory previously
used for the WCS as expansion ram. Call Creative microsystems at
(503) 691-2552 for more info.

: AXEL (morsinac@econ.vu.nl)