[comp.sys.amiga] Rejuvenator and LUCAS/FRANCES

tommcc@microsoft.UUCP (Tom McConnell) (08/23/89)

I have pretty much decided that I am going to build a LUCAS/FRANCES
super duper turbo 68020 board. I have some questions regarding the
rejuvenator ....

1. Will the Rejuvenator work with the LUCAS/FRANCES board combo?

2. The LUCAS/FRANCEs and rejuvenator all fit inside the AMIGA 1000. Is
	there going to be any space conflicts? (That's an awful
	lot of power to pack into that little ol' space ?B-)

Anybody who knows anything about this want to comment?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Thanks in advance...
-Tom

p.s. I think the REJUVENATOR should be called LAZARUS. Seems to better fit
the incredible nature of the ECS upgrade board. :-)

--
"Hey COW!"  _____________((      "My employer couldn't care less about cows..."
           /       **    o \    ______     __________________________

In <7937@ardent.UUCP>, rap@peck.ardent.com (Rob Peck) writes:
>In article <7483@microsoft.UUCP> tommcc@microsoft.UUCP (Tom McConnell) writes:
>>
>>2. The LUCAS/FRANCEs and rejuvenator all fit inside the AMIGA 1000. Is
>>	there going to be any space conflicts?
>
>The designer of the REJUVENATOR says not nuff room for both.  :-(

Well, he doesn't quite say 'not enough room'. To quote from his recent
conference on Compuserve:

The only thing I know for sure that conflicts is LUCAS' Frances RAM board.  It
will fit, with some height adjustment in LUCAS/Frances, but Frances will occupy
the same space as the video slot card.

Since the LUCAS/FRANCES is a hardware hackers project anyway, It isn't
unreasonable to predict that a lot of FRANCES boards will end up with some sort
of height adjustment, or that another version with different physical
characteristics will surface, either from Brad or someone else.

-larry

--
begin 777 .signature
M268@>6]U(&1O;B=T('-E92!T:&ES('-E;G1E;F-E+"!Y;W4@<VAO=6QD('-EB

rap@peck.ardent.com (Rob Peck) (08/24/89)

In article <7483@microsoft.UUCP> tommcc@microsoft.UUCP (Tom McConnell) writes:

>2. The LUCAS/FRANCEs and rejuvenator all fit inside the AMIGA 1000. Is
>	there going to be any space conflicts?

The designer of the REJUVENATOR says not nuff room for both.  :-(

>p.s. I think the REJUVENATOR should be called LAZARUS. Seems to better fit
>the incredible nature of the ECS upgrade board. :-)

I'd prefer a name like STEROIDS-1000 in place of LAZARUS
--- the 1000 is far from dead.

Rob

hugh@censor.UUCP (Hugh D. Gamble) (08/26/89)

In article <7937@ardent.UUCP>, rap@peck.ardent.com (Rob Peck) writes:
> In article <7483@microsoft.UUCP> tommcc@microsoft.UUCP (Tom McConnell) writes:
> >
> >2. The LUCAS/FRANCEs and rejuvenator all fit inside the AMIGA 1000. Is
> >	there going to be any space conflicts?
>
> The designer of the REJUVENATOR says not nuff room for both.  :-(

The designer of LUCAS & FRANCES says they have it worked out.
With an extra 64 pin socket to raise one board just a tad, the
slight overlap should be managable

That's all I know.  For details, ask Brad (anakin@utgpu).

--
Hugh D. Gamble (416) 581-4354 (wk), 267-6159 (hm) (Std. Disclaimers)
hugh@censor, kink!hugh@censor

anakin@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (Anakin Research) (08/28/89)

LUCAS/FRANCES Project with the Rejuvenator board

	When Greg Tibbs first announced the Rejuvenator project I got
it touch with him to see if the two would be compatible. I sent him a
bare Frances board, (he had a LUCAS board) so he could check the form
factor. He thinks that with a slight height adjustment, probably just
adding a machine socket to the 68000 socket, everything should be O.K.
	Soon as Greg's project is available I will certainly be putting
one into my machine. Since the LUCAS/FRANCES project is a hacker's
project, we'll hack it in there somehow.

Brad Fowles    anakin@utgpu       The LUCAS Project