[comp.sys.amiga] Dpaint 3 bug ??!

In <199387@neabbs.UUCP>, amichel@neabbs.UUCP (MICHEL LANGEREIS) writes:
>   Besides the bugs, its nice to work with EHB in DP3, sorry for being to
>   positive on DP3, I guess I'm to much used to the behavior of certain
>   Amiga programs ;-)

Well, A lot of folks use DPaint3, and like it. It does a lot of neat stuff, and
if you are aware of its shortcomings, many of them can be worked around. My
view is that with so many folks raving about it, _someone_ needs to point out
the things that mar it.

-larry

--
The Mac? Oh, that's just like a computer, only slower.

amichel@neabbs.UUCP (MICHEL LANGEREIS) (08/26/89)

 lphillips@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca (Larry Phillips) writes :

>In <197178@neabbs.UUCP>, amichel@neabbs.UUCP (MICHEL LANGEREIS) writes:
>>mike@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Mike Smithwick) writes :
>>> [ comments about DPaint bugginess ]
>>There aint no bug buddy, morerows and many others change the x-y offsets
>>in the devs:system-configuration file and guess where DP3 (or PixMate
>>for that matter) is looking for the screen sizes ? Right, in system-config.

 lphillips@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca (Larry Phillips) writes :
>If it allows you to put in a size specification in the 'Page Size' requester
>without complaint, and then proceeds to arbitrarily change it back to whatever
>it feels like, I call that a bug. If I want to make a picture that will show as
>320*200, the bloody program should do it, or they should rip the 'Page Size'
>menu out of there and stop pretending to support different sizes. EA really
>ticks me off with this turkey.
> [ ... ]

   You're right, my sentence should have been something like 'the reason
   this happens is..' As far as the rest of your article, I never talked
   about those other bugs but they sure are here :-{   What about the
   ColorFonts utility, screws up mclk in the top of your window, their file
   requester is like [insert] for sure, I get df0: df1: vd0: rad: but no
   dh1/4 and since I've everything on harddrive I have to type everything
   by hand.

   The .anim thing, I've used that ONCE when I got DP3, looks nice but not
   very handy in your paint program IMHO, there are lots of other programs
   doing better stuff with less memory (chip) than this. One other thing
   that hit me was the heavy use of chip memory, when you don't have the
   1Mb Agnus you're lost in a lot of situations.

 -* Michel ---- RoachaToyllah of Lightnin' Roach AppRoach test labs
         hp4nl!neabbs!amichel@uunet.uu.net | Just speaking for myself.

ggibeau@ucqais.uc.edu (George Gibeau) (08/29/89)

In article <715@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca>, lphillips@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca (Larry Phillips) writes:
> In <199387@neabbs.UUCP>, amichel@neabbs.UUCP (MICHEL LANGEREIS) writes:
> >   Besides the bugs, its nice to work with EHB in DP3, sorry for being to
> Well, A lot of folks use DPaint3, and like it. It does a lot of neat stuff, and
> view is that with so many folks raving about it, _someone_ needs to point out
> the things that mar it.
> -larry

I believe the one problem that involves the lack of animation is caused
by having EXACTLY 1 meg in your machine as well as the NEW agnus chip.
EA is supposed to be working on a fix.  If you have more than 1 meg, the
animation menu works fine, with ONLY 1 meg, it will stay ghosted when
you try to select it (something about the coding in DPaint searching
for a certain amount of memory, and the presence of the 1 meg graphics
chip and 1 meg of RAM throws it for a loop).

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

George

--
UUCP:  ucqais.uc.edu!ggibeau  BBS: (513) 721-7977  GT NODE: 006/005
US Snail-Dept of Biology ML 06, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45221