[comp.sys.amiga] PDC Mailing Address

rob@hp-ses.SDE.HP.COM (Robert Oyung) (08/26/89)

>   From: hummel@m.cs.uiuc.edu
>   Date: Sat, 5 Aug 1989 19:05:00 GMT
>   Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga
>

>   * Paul and I have arranged to handle direct orders for PDC through the
>     following address:
>                           PDC Software Distribution
>                           P.O. Box 4006
>                           Urbana, IL  61801-8801

  What is the correct address for direct orders of PDC?  I sent a letter
and check to the above address and had it returned stamped:

                            ADDRESSEE UNKNOWN

Lionel?  Paul?

Thanks,
Rob

Robert Oyung
Integrated Office Systems
HP Corporate Offices
rob@hpiosa.hp.com

hummel@m.cs.uiuc.edu (08/29/89)

Written 12:17 pm  Aug 25, 1989 by rob@hp-ses.SDE.HP.COM in comp.sys.amiga:
/* ---------- "PDC Mailing Address" ---------- */
> >   * Paul and I have arranged to handle direct orders for PDC through the
> >     following address:
> >                           PDC Software Distribution
> >                           P.O. Box 4006
> >                           Urbana, IL  61801-8801
>
>   What is the correct address for direct orders of PDC?  I sent a letter
> and check to the above address and had it returned stamped:
>
>                           ADDRESSEE UNKNOWN
>
> Lionel?  Paul?

It seems the US Postal Service was having problems managing their mail
aliases!  Although I have been handling a steady stream of letters, I
received email from Josh Rovero describing the same problem.  After
checking with the local post office, they now claim to have corrected
the error.  If anyone encounters this problem with mail sent since last
week, please contact me via email.

If anyone has sent USMail that bounced as it did above, or with the
message "no such box number", please re-send it.

				< Lionel
----------
Lionel Hummel                                 409 Kenwood, Champaign, IL 61821
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign  [H] (217)356-6379  [W] (217)333-7408
hummel@cs.uiuc.edu       {pur-ee,uunet}!uiucdcs!hummel            BIX: lhummel

P.S.  For the incredulous, which initially included myself, the problem with
the post office was that I had originally taken the box out in my name and
that of my freelancing title which I use for catalogs, tech reports, junk
mail, etc.  A while back, I filled out an update form to add "PDC" and
"PDC Software Distribution", which was paperclipped to the back of the
original card I had filled out for the box.  This was missing when I went in
last week to check out the problem. < LDH