[comp.sys.amiga] Sidecar file transfer SOLVED!

bear@bucsb.UUCP (Blair M. Burtan) (08/23/89)

Remember my problems with Aread and Awrite a few weeks ago,
Well, I've solved them and I'm passing the info on to anyone
who is as clueless as I am (sometimes, really!).

Aside from making sure the run PCDisk on the Amiga side,

  As it turns out, you have to surround the Amiga file
   specification with double quotes.  Now, did I really
   miss something in the doc?  I suppose I'm used to
   manuals telling you to type something in that has
   quotes without them.  So, as Roseanne Roseannadanna
  would say "Never mind..."

	         		Bear

P.S. Janus 2.0 is worth the trouble of getting a dealer to copy
it for you.  Bring 3 5 1/4" floppies and 1 3 1/2".

--
------------------------ Signature Version 0.4 ------------------------------

"He's showing signs of pressure-induced psychosis
      and he has a nuclear weapon."
"Raise your hand if you thought that was a
      'Russian water tentacle'."
                                         - The Abyss

Blair "Bear" Burtan, Boston University's Resident Amiga Expert
which isn't saying much.  My opinions blah blah blah...
bear@bucsb.bu.edu   bear@bucsf.bu.edu   bear@buengf.bu.edu
bear@bu-pub.bu.edu  enge05c@buacca.bu.edu

hiebert@mdivax1.uucp (Graeme Hiebert) (08/24/89)

In article <3173@bucsb.UUCP> bear@bucsb.UUCP (Blair M. Burtan) writes:
>    quotes without them.  So, as Roseanne Roseannadanna
>   would say "Never mind..."

Actually, it's Emily Litella who says that.  Roseanne says "It just goes
ta show ya Jane.  It's always somethin'.  If it's not one thin' it's
anotha."

   -g
--
Graeme E. Hiebert                 | So many of us seek pleasures to acquire
hiebert@mdivax1.uucp              | happiness, yet so few of us are happy

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (08/31/89)

In Message <3173@bucsb.UUCP> bear@bucsb.UUCP (Blair M. Burtan) writes:

>P.S. Janus 2.0 is worth the trouble of getting a dealer to copy
>it for you.  Bring 3 5 1/4" floppies and 1 3 1/2".

  Hmmmm im not 100% sure on this but I *think* that the copying of all 3
  5.25" disks might be illegal, since MS-DOS is on those disks. Anyone
  at CBM care to comment officially or not ?!?

  Sneakers

--
                                      ___
    Dan "Sneakers" Schein            ////          BERKS AMIGA BBS