[comp.sys.amiga] Registration Cards

dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) (08/28/89)

Do you bother to send in Registration cards when you buy new software?

Well, I used to only send the cards in for "Productivity" software. I
never bothered to do it with "games".

For some reason, I sent the registration cards for 2 games, SimCity and
"Zac McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders".

Lo and behold, both paid off....

SimCity folks notified me of a FREE upgrade. Now that's a first for a game.

And...Lucasfilm Gomes, the authors of Zak McKracken, sent me a survey
to fill out. For filling it out, and mailing it promptly (in a postage
paid envelope, no less) they will send me a FREE copy of an upcoming
new game.

Not bad, huh?

So, I, for one, plan to send in ALL product registration cards from
now on. I suggest you do too!
--
"What is another word  |  Dave Lowrey    | [The opinions expressed MAY be
 for 'Thesaurus'?"     |  Amdahl Corp.   | those of the author and are not
                       |  Houston, Texas | necessarily those of his
   Steven Wright       |  amdahl!dwl10   | employer]   (`nuff said!)

ssd@sugar.hackercorp.com (Scott Denham) (09/01/89)

In article <bdzq02zP4fHc01@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com>, dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) writes:
> Do you bother to send in Registration cards when you buy new software?
> paid envelope, no less) they will send me a FREE copy of an upcoming
> new game.
>
> Not bad, huh?
>
> So, I, for one, plan to send in ALL product registration cards from
> now on. I suggest you do too!

 I normally always send in the cards, and have had very little indication
until recently that anyone ever got them. (I did get a "discounted"
subscription to Amiga World *9 months* after checking the box on my
A-1000 registration card!!).  In July I bought my 4 year old one of the
Robot Reader programs from Hilton Android.  Their registration card says
it qualifies you for a monthly drawing for a free Robot Reader.  Lo and
behold, come early August what should arrive in the mail but another
Robot Reader.  Not only did I get 2-for-1, but my little girl was
absolutly BEAMING at having WON something.  Great PR (good product, too)

   Scott Denham
     Houston, TX