[comp.sys.amiga] CrossDos sources

EVERHART%ARISIA.decnet@crdgw1.ge.com (08/17/89)

I've received a number of queries asking me how to get hold of CrossDos.
There's a public domain read-only version on various BBSs around the
country. You can get that for $5 from Consultron too. The read/write
version is $30 in US, $36 in Canada. A $3 shipping charge exists ($8
outside US/Canada), $3 more for COD. Michigan sales tax applies too.
(IF in Mich.)
  The address is
Consultron
Attn: Leonard Poma
11280 Parkview
Plymouth, Michigan 48170

  CrossDos does a very nice job of allowing access to MSDOS disks
on Amiga; the MSDOS file structure is understood by a filesystem
and CrossDos works on 3.5" and 5.25" drives. I have used it on
both. You can switch a drive between MSDOS and AmigaDos file
formats trivially (just insert a disk formatted for MSDOS and the
DIn: alias works; insert an AmigaDos formatted disk and the DFn:
alias works). I got my read/write pieces (first shipment)
last night. I am however only a customer; I have no other connection
with Consultron.
   They don't have credit card facilities so you need to send
check/money order. They DO ship product.
   Our mail connection is not high bandwidth so please don't ask
ME to supply the read/only version to the world; look on BBSs
near you or send your money to Consultron. You'll get a very
well done bit of work.
Glenn Everhart
Everhart%Arisia.decnet@crd.ge.com

ejkst@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (Eric J. Kennedy) (08/30/89)

In article <21843@louie.udel.EDU> EVERHART%ARISIA.decnet@crdgw1.ge.com writes:
>  CrossDos does a very nice job of allowing access to MSDOS disks
>on Amiga; the MSDOS file structure is understood by a filesystem

Does CrossDos do CRLF<-->LF conversion on text files?

--
Eric Kennedy
ejkst@cisunx.UUCP

jones@uv4.eglin.af.mil (Calvin Jones, III) (09/01/89)

E G L I N   A F B
                   I N T E R O F F I C E   M E M O R A N D U M

                                        Date:      30-Aug-1989 07:50 CDT
                                        From:      CALVIN JONES
                                                   JONES
                                        Dept:      3200SPTW/SCX  (Plans)
                                        Tel No:    904-882-3550

TO:  _DDN[@uv4.eglin.af.mil:amiga-relay-request@louie.udel.edu]

Subject: Re: CrossDos sources

ejkst@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu asks:

>  Does CrossDos do CRLF<-->LF conversion on text files?

Yes, you request it by embedding a 'flag' character (I think it's "[")
anywhere within the file name.

   --- Cal Jones
       Hobbit Hole BBS, 904-243-6219, 12/24/9600HST
       340Meg online. Strictly Amiga.

dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) (09/01/89)

>Subject: Re: CrossDos sources
>
>ejkst@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu asks:
>
>>  Does CrossDos do CRLF<-->LF conversion on text files?
>
>Yes, you request it by embedding a 'flag' character (I think it's "[")
>anywhere within the file name.
>
>   --- Cal Jones
>       Hobbit Hole BBS, 904-243-6219, 12/24/9600HST
>       340Meg online. Strictly Amiga.

You append a ']' character to the file name to do the conversion.

When reading the file, the ']' causes all carrage returns and EOFs (Ctrl-Z)
to be removed from the file. When writing to a MSDOS file, the ']' causes
carrage returns to be addrd before all linefeeds, and adds an EOF to the
end of the file.

Another note: The demo version od CrossDos has a bug in the TDPatch13
program, that causes it to not work. I called the author, and he gave
me the following patch.... Use NewZap to edit TDPatch13. Search for
two bytes with "0e00". There is only one occurance of these two bytes.
Change the "0e00" to "0380" and save the program. That's all there is
to it.
--
"What is another word  |  Dave Lowrey    | [The opinions expressed MAY be
 for 'Thesaurus'?"     |  Amdahl Corp.   | those of the author and are not
                       |  Houston, Texas | necessarily those of his
   Steven Wright       |  amdahl!dwl10   | employer]   (`nuff said!)