[comp.sys.amiga] Controllers.

CRONEJP@UREGINA1.BITNET (Jonathan Crone) (08/31/89)

I think i'm gonna give up on my A1000 and migrate to the
A2000.....

this means migrating the hard drive over as well....

I assume that the general opinion is that the HardFrame is about
the bestest out there????

Where is a place to get a decent price please???

(and DON'T SAY CREATIVE COMPUTERS!!!!!!!!!!)

thanks...
JpC
Jonathan P. Crone    CRONEJP@UREGINA1.BITNET      cronejp@mcl.UUCP
Amiga-L@uregina1.bitnet List moderator.

Heisenberg might have been here...

davis@mdkcsw.dec.com (Richard Davis) (09/01/89)

In article <8908310455.AA23895@jade.berkeley.edu>, CRONEJP@UREGINA1.BITNET (Jonathan Crone) writes...

>I assume that the general opinion is that the HardFrame is about
>the bestest out there????
>
>Where is a place to get a decent price please???

I almost always order from GO AMIGO since they seem to be very dependable.
Yes, their prices are sometimes higher, but they will usually match a
competitor's price.  I've got the HardFrame and think it's a great controller!

..richard

/*****************************************************************************
 * Richard Davis, Software Dude   | I can C clearly now, my brain is gone!   *
 * Digital Equipment Corporation  | It's a bu-ti-ful day in the nay-bor-hood *
 *****************************************************************************/

esker@abaa.uucp (Lawrence Esker) (09/02/89)

In article <736@mountn.dec.com> davis@mdkcsw.dec.com (Richard Davis) writes:
>In article <8908310455.AA23895@jade.berkeley.edu>, CRONEJP@UREGINA1.BITNET (Jonathan Crone) writes...
>>Where is a place to get a decent price please???
>
>I almost always order from GO AMIGO since they seem to be very dependable.
>Yes, their prices are sometimes higher, but they will usually match a
>competitor's price.  I've got the HardFrame and think it's a great controller!

Nice, a chance to (mini)flame GO AMIGO.  I have always used GO AMIGO for my
mail order, but lately decided to go elsewhare.  What really sent me off was
they shipped me a SuperFat Agnus in a plastic bag in a Federal Express
cardboard envelop.  This was without ESD protection or padding.  I had to
straighten out several j-lead pins before I could use it.  They also said
"Please read the information sheet about ESD protection before procedeing."
They did not send the sheet and did not follow ESD protection themselves.
Fortunately the part worked.

They also have a habit of lying about when an out of stock order will arrive.
Seems they must wait for a number of orders arrive before they fill
back-orders.  I waited 6 weeks for the A2090A and later 4 weeks for software.

Now that they changed there shipping pricing policy, I decided to try
elsewhere.  They used to have free ground UPS which made their higher prices
palettable.  Unfortunate, as I really used to like there profesional
attitudes, rapid shipment of items in stock, and never billing until shipment.

--
---------- Lawrence W. Esker ----------  Modern Amish: Thou shalt not need any
                                         computer that is not IBM compatible.