[comp.sys.amiga] Telephone Help?

erk@americ.UUCP (Erick Parsons) (09/04/89)

>From: jenglish@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Jim English) Message-ID: <553@tardis.Tymnet.COM>
>(214)637-7406  Dallas   | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jenglish
>
>works if I just set it up regular like, but I can't dial out through
>it. I just get a dial tone. I can dial on another phone, and the speaker
>phone holds the line and works like that.
>Can anyone tell me if I need to jumper anything or disconnect any wires

Jim, youd probably be better off posting this to sci.electronics but since
you asked, switching the wires around (swapping the wires) should fix your
problem. Some of the older TT phones that are powered off of the telephone
lines didn't have a Bridge rectifier setup on the inputs to properly
polarize the line voltage (If the polarity was reversed at the input). :-(
As far as I know All of the newer phones have the bridge rectifier installed
and will work with the wires swapped.

--
  Erick Parsons    //  erk@americ.UUCP or ..ames!pacbell!sactoh0!americ!erk