[comp.sys.amiga] Fonts? Phooey!

michael_dinn@brains.UUCP (Michael Dinn) (09/01/89)

Fonts? Phooey!:

 I've figured out how to use FF to install a font as my default font.
However, the only font I have with the IBM extended character set is
"proportional" and FF doesn't like it. I don't have SETFONT, so I'm up a
cable without a connector. :-)
 Could someone please mail me either SETFONT or a font (size 8) that works
with FF and has the IBM extended character set? Hey, I'd almost settle for a
font editor...

    Thanks!
--
   -===------===-    From Michael Dinn at Cerebral Cortex BBS System
  -==-==----==-==-   (902)462-7245 3/12/2400 8N1 24h/7d

phoenix@ms.uky.edu (R'ykandar Korra'ti) (09/05/89)

In article <4752@brains.UUCP> michael_dinn%brains@iisat.UUCP writes:
>However, the only font I have with the IBM extended character set is
>"proportional" and FF doesn't like it.
     FF is wrong - I know, I had this same problem. What I did was load the
font in question into FED, make sure it was fixed_width (which it was already),
save it again (didn't bother changing the name), then ran FixFonts on it.
FF worked like a charm after that with it.
     C-A: does anybody know why FF does this?
                                                     - R'ykandar.
--
| R'ykandar Korra'ti, Editor, LOW ORBIT | phoenix@ms.uky.edu | CIS 72406,370 |
| Elfinkind, Unite! | phoenix@ukma.bitnet | PLink: Skywise | QLink: Bearclaw |