[comp.sys.amiga] PcPatch II

kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) (07/27/89)

In article <8907261657.AA19946@decwrl.dec.com> macdonald@dickns.dec.com (Paul MacDonald, CUP/ASG, 223-3439, PKO3-1/W30) writes:

>>> I got a copy of PcPatch II recently.  I tried using it this morning but
[...]
>>> Numerical Design Ltd.                           ...!mcnc!rti!ndl!smithd
>
>PcPatch will only work in 68000 mode. Boot your 2500 up in 68000 mode and
>all the features of PcPatch will work as advertised. It will not work
>correctly in 68020 mode.
>
>Paul

Hmmm, I have an A2500 and use PCPatch.

In fact, I discovered that PcCopy really does work - when used in
conjunction with an A2500 :^) It even works across Dnet-nfs! (slowly)

One interesting thing is that the PCPatch format program cannot find
DF3:, but the copy program can. I had used both with the A500 I had
prev. & all worked fine. I suspect it has something to do with not
having a DF1:

A500 config:

df0:         df1:         df2:
internal  1010-3.5"     1020-5.25"

A2000 config:

df0:         df1:         df2:         df3:
internal  non-existent  1010-3.5"     1020-5.25"

I will try it in 68000 mode someday - maybe.

       Kent Polk - Southwest Research Institute
 {cs.utexas.edu, gatech!petro sun!texsun}!swrinde!kent
              kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu
       "Anything worth doing is worth overdoing"

macdonald@dickns.dec.com (Paul MacDonald, CUP/ASG, 223-3439, PKO3-1/W30) (07/27/89)

-------------

OHA101%URIACC.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu (F. Michael Theilig) (08/08/89)

On 26 Jul 89 19:54:00 GMT you said:

>>> I got a copy of PcPatch II recently.  I tried using it this morning but
>>> with no luck.  I've got a Tandy 4000 LX on one end and a 1-floppy AMIGA 2500
>>> on the other.  I am attempting to read and write 3 1/2" floppies
>>> made on the Tandy on my Amiga.
>
>>> Dana L. Smith                                   smithd@ndl.com
>>> Numerical Design Ltd.                           ...!mcnc!rti!ndl!smithd
>
>-------------

     I have been trying to get ahold of PCPatch.  I assume PCPatch II is
 an upgrade.  What is the difference?  Could somebody send it to me if
 it isn't too big?

     /*   F. Michael Theilig               OHA101 at URIACC.Bitnet

               "There is no Dark Side of the Moon...
                                     in fact it is all dark."          */

darin@hitchhiker.laic.uucp (Darin Johnson) (09/05/89)

I am looking for a copy of PcPatch II.  I have a version from
Fish disk 163, but it says it is for WB1.2.  Does anyone know
where I can ftp this, or have it mailed to me?

Darin Johnson (leadsv!laic!darin@pyramid.pyramid.com)
	We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.