[comp.sys.amiga] A2000 Schematics Messages

C503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu (Baird McIntosh) (09/01/89)

I suppose the person who knows the most about this is Dave Haynie since it
is his name on the machine schematics.  In Appendix F of my A2000 manual,
there are schematics for the machine.  On each page, in the lower right
corner of the schematic, there is a short message/inspiring quote.  As
examples, here are some of the messages:
    - on page F-4, which is a schematic for Paula and the left/right audio,
      the message reads: "I'm pickin up good vibrations..."
    - on page F-9, which is a schematic for the IBM expansion buses, the
      message reads: "I wait in this place, where the sun never shines."
    - on page F-11, which is a schematic for GARY and FANG (aka Fat Agnus),
      the message reads: "Deep down inside, I've got a Rock-n-Roll heart."
There are several more (including a line from a Talking Heads song).  I can
see the connection with most of the messages and the schematic that they are
on, but maybe there is some hidden meaning to them that I am missing.
     Well, if anyone (especially Dave) has anything to add to this, please do
so.  (or has this been discussed?)

 # Baird McIntosh  (this space available for advertisement or witty quote.)   #
 # INTERNET- c503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu  BITNET- c503719@umcvmb.bitnet       #

rap@peck.ardent.com (Rob Peck) (09/05/89)

In article <22981@louie.udel.EDU> C503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu (Baird McIntosh) writes:
>there are schematics for the machine.  On each page, in the lower right
>corner of the schematic, there is a short message/inspiring quote.  As
>examples, here are some of the messages:

My favorite occurence of inspirational messages I found once on an XRay
machine schematic... just under the standard notes of 1) all resistors
specified in Ohms, 2) all capacitors specified in MicroFarads, 3) all
tolerances +/- 10% unless specified otherwise, was the note, most likely
placed there to see if the schematic checker was really looking (perhaps
not, because WE got to see it):

   Note 4) It is a known fact that dogs run faster in Finland.
	   That's because the trees there are so far apart.

Rob Peck