[comp.sys.amiga] Workbench 1.3.2

jbh@mibte.UUCP (James Harvey) (09/05/89)

Workbench 1.3.2 causes the ReadySoft Transfer program to break.  This is
a utility I use quite a lot, copys to and from a C64 1541 type disk drive.
It took me two hours to find which of the 1.3.2 files was causing the
crash, it's the new SetPatch.

Jim Harvey                        |      "Ask not for whom the bell
Michigan Bell Telephone           |      tolls and you will only pay
29777 Telegraph                   |      Station-to-Station rates."
Southfield, Mich. 48034           |

ulysses!gamma!mibte!jbh
--

andy@cbmvax.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (09/06/89)

In article <2857@mibte.UUCP> jbh@mibte.UUCP (James Harvey) writes:
>Workbench 1.3.2 causes the ReadySoft Transfer program to break.  This is
>a utility I use quite a lot, copys to and from a C64 1541 type disk drive.
>It took me two hours to find which of the 1.3.2 files was causing the
>crash, it's the new SetPatch.

Well, you don't mention what version of SetPatch you were using,
nor what 'break'ing is.

My guess is that the patch to trackdisk, which makes trackdisk
actually GiveUnit/GetUnit properly may be causing the problem.

The transfer program may not have been expecting the unit
to actually be allocated or something.

Execute was patched to use the resident list, but its hard
to see how that could be causing problems here.
--
andy finkel		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

Life gets pretty complex the minute you stop mooing.

mark.fielding@canremote.uucp (MARK FIELDING) (09/06/89)

Re: Workbench 1.3.2

OK, we've established that an updated version of WorkBench
does exist, now all we have to do is determine whether the
modification was done by a pro-communist organization or a
group of wild hippie's roaming the planes of the midwest.

:-)

 * QNet 1.03a2: Pokey's Place Winnipeg, MB (204) 253-1342 (HST) <<SmartNet>>

monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) (09/06/89)

    Does all this talk about electronic distribution mean the local distributers
    cannot pass this update along??????? Can our local Amiga rep download this
    to disk and then copy the disk for distribution? Or are we really trying
    to increase BYTE's revenues?

    Monty Saine