[comp.sys.amiga] NoClick3.5 problems

mnelson@vmsa.cf.uci.edu (09/06/89)

Am I the only one having problems with the latest and greatest NoClick?
Version 3.5 claims to work on any 680x0 machine, so I merrily ran it on
my old A1000 with 68010.  Hello Mr. Guru.  It gives an error 4 (illegal
instruction?).  The system is as follows:

	A1000 (old one, no EHB) w/ 68010
	2.5 MB RAM
	2 external Master 3A floppies

software running:

	ARP 1.3
	FaccII
	DMouse/Dlineart (the latest one)

Any suggestions?

	  Thanx in advance  -Matt

blubaugh@ucqais.uc.edu (Dwight Blubaugh) (09/07/89)

In article <2625@orion.cf.uci.edu>, mnelson@vmsa.cf.uci.edu writes:
> Am I the only one having problems with the latest and greatest NoClick?
> Version 3.5 claims to work on any 680x0 machine, so I merrily ran it on
> my old A1000 with 68010.  Hello Mr. Guru.  It gives an error 4 (illegal
> instruction?).  The system is as follows:

	I believed a stupid manual that told me that the 68010 and 68020
had the same stack frame!  Trusting said manual I told Norman Iscove, the
author of NoClick3.5, that to check for 680x0 where x=1,2,3 would do and
that they all had the same stack frame.  If you are using a 68010 just go
back to NoClick3.3 or NoClick3.4 until Norman creates NoClick3.6.

> 	  Thanx in advance  -Matt

	Sorry for any problems that my manual caused :-)
	Dwight Blubaugh

--
Technical Advisor of Ohio Valley Amiga Users Group
(Cincinnati Ohio P.O. Box 428539)