[comp.sys.amiga] Multitasking, why of course.

rap@peck.ardent.com (Rob Peck) (09/07/89)

In article <742@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca> lphillips@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca (Larry Phillips) writes:
>The M*c? Oh, that's just like a computer, only slower.
>+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+
>|   //   Larry Phillips                                                 |

Yesterday I brought up the Desk Calculator on a Mac... ya know, that
little 4 function item, because I had to add some metric dimensions
to a drawing.  I opened the drawing program and made the window small
enough to be able to see both the Desk Calculator and MacDraw (I)
onscreen at the same time.  Lets see, 17.5 inches is what? in millimeters...
click on the calculator to reactivate it... SNOOOOOZE ... 8 seconds
later it accepted my first key click.

	System: Mac IIcx (68030?)
		8 Megs of RAM
		Apple[tm] "Fast" 80MB internal hard disk
		Humungous 2 page monitor
		MultiFinder 6.0.3
		$multo.bucks

I brought in my 4 function calculator today to keep next to the machine.
Just gotta get the work done, ya know?

This is not a "my computer is better'n yours".  Notice that I did not
mention exactly how LOOOONNNNGGG this woulda taken on an Amiga.  :-)

Please, no flames.  I'm just reporting a fact.  If it amuses some people,
so be it.

Rob Peck