[comp.sys.amiga] WB 1.3.2. FLAME

In <23522@louie.udel.EDU>, KHALID%PO8600@dupont.com writes:
>      I guess my $39 at Dalton's for Compuserve Package were really
>      for their favourite charity.

The starter kit is not necessary to join up.

-larry

--
The Mac? Oh, that's just like a computer, only slower.

KHALID%PO8600@dupont.com (09/09/89)

>><The reason we are limiting distribution to those national boards
>><is so...
>>
>>Well, that's all well and good, but it kind of leaves a lot of people
>>out in the cold, doesn't it?  How are the 90% of the Amiga owners
>>without expensive network accounts supposed to get it?
>
>Come on, quit bellyaching.  Compuserve cost nothing to join, has no monthy
                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      I guess my $39 at Dalton's for Compuserve Package were really
      for their favourite charity.

>Even if the only thing you do is join to download WB 1.3.2, its not going to
>hurt that bad.  A direct connect with a 2400 baud modem and Quick-B protocol
>gives about 60 kbytes per dollar.  Other protocols are about 40 kbytes per
>dollar.  Cut the numbers in half for a 1200 baud modem.
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      A fine example of wasting Network Bandwidth. Thankyou for
      for doing these heavy duty mathmatical calculations.

lindner@ncis.tis.llnl.gov (Curt Lindner) (09/09/89)

I really don't see what the complaining is all about.  It seems that
commodore just wanted to make this release MORE AVAILABLE by
putting it on SOME networks.  They could have just said 'Get it ONLY at
your Dealer' or worse yet, made you PAY for it.

If you don't have BIX or Compuserve or the others, quit WHINING and go
to your DEALER who will give it to you for free! (Of course you'll
still have to pay for the gas to get there, I hope it wont cost
you WHINERS too much!)

Curt

galvey@sts.sts.COM (09/09/89)

/* Written 10:04 am  Sep  8, 1989 by pfaff@mercury.asd.contel.com in sts:comp.sys.amiga */
Lawrence Esker writes:
>Come on, quit bellyaching.  Compuserve cost nothing to join, has no monthy
>fees, and has lots of phone numbers to avoid extra cost charges that computer
>connection links like TymNet wants to add.
Must have been awhile since you used Compuserve Lawrence, they now charge a
monthly fee (admittedly small).  That's why I canceled my account.

Ray Pfaff
/* End of text from sts:comp.sys.amiga */