[comp.sys.amiga] Genlocking with a 1meg Agnus.

BPJ0%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (Bin) (09/09/89)

Hi,

I was thinking of getting a cheap genlock.  All I want is to be able to
get a pretty decent picture on the screen from a video signal.  Don't
need Broadcast quality  or Rs170(a) standards whatever they mean!

Anyway is there a problem with hooking up Commodore's 2000 genlock to
a 1meg Agnus AMiga 2000?  How about the Amigen?

Thanks for any info,
Bin

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (09/10/89)

In article <23523@louie.udel.EDU> BPJ0%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (Bin) writes:
>Anyway is there a problem with hooking up Commodore's 2000 genlock to
>a 1meg Agnus AMiga 2000?  How about the Amigen?

The old Fat Agnus + 1.2 ROMs had a problem when the Amigen was hooked up.
The result was that programs using the vertical-blank timer run half as
fast and the mouse pointer flickered so bad that it was transparent.

With the 1-meg Agnus and 1.3 ROMs, the problem is gone.  (In fact, I
had forgetten about it and did not realize that I had left the AmiGen
connected for two days.)  Now I can keep the AmiGen connected all the
time, so that it can be employed without having to power off the Amiga.
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS@F74.TYMNET.COM or jms@tymix.tymnet.com
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms