[comp.sys.amiga] VLT and XPR

rouaix@inria.inria.fr (Francois Rouaix) (09/01/89)

Hi,
Yesterday I discovered VLT and the XPR protocol. The first thing I tried
was the xprzmodem.library (Version 1.0) on Fish 236 with VLT (Version 4.036)
on  Fish 226. Unfortunately, whenever I try to Send/Receive using
the external protocol, I get a (rexxarp) Requester saying that
the comm prog does not have the required functions (this message being
send  by the library).
I tried with both versions of xprzmodem.library (sflush/nosflush).
Has someone managed to use xprzmodem on VLT ? Do I need a newer version
of VLT ? (where can I ftp it?)
It might be a configuration problem. I  use arp 39.1, AREXX 1.10,
all other libraries from the Fish236 disk, and pathass (cause I  don't want
to copy these librairies to my rad:libs/.
Thanks for any hints
--Francois
--
*- Francois Rouaix                 //       We are all prisoners here,       *
*- rouaix@inria.inria.fr         \X/           of our own device             *

jellson@stsabq.uucp (09/03/89)

In article <1392@inria.inria.fr>, rouaix@inria.inria.fr (Francois Rouaix) writes:

> Has someone managed to use xprzmodem on VLT ? Do I need a newer version
> of VLT ? (where can I ftp it?)

Can't help with an FTP source but I obtained version 4.064 of VLT
from BIX amiga/listings (the author of VLT is a moderator there).

I have been successfully using 4.064 with xprzmodem.library to RZSZ
on a VAX/VMS5.1 system.

John Ellson
Siemens Transmission Systems, Inc. 8620 N. 22nd Ave. Phoenix AZ 85021
ellson@ontap.stsusa.com

duncan@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Shan D Duncan) (09/08/89)

In article <2106@stsabq.uucp> jellson@stsabq.uucp writes:
>In article <1392@inria.inria.fr>, rouaix@inria.inria.fr (Francois Rouaix) writes:
>
>> Has someone managed to use xprzmodem on VLT ? Do I need a newer version
>> of VLT ? (where can I ftp it?)
>
>Can't help with an FTP source but I obtained version 4.064 of VLT
>from BIX amiga/listings (the author of VLT is a moderator there).
>
>I have been successfully using 4.064 with xprzmodem.library to RZSZ
>on a VAX/VMS5.1 system.
>
>John Ellson
>Siemens Transmission Systems, Inc. 8620 N. 22nd Ave. Phoenix AZ 85021
>ellson@ontap.stsusa.com

I have looked at the fish disk 226 for the latest Vlt (3 series).  This
has some problems that have been corrected in the 4 series (I've found
4.059 on a local BBS, but have not seen 4.064).  I have never seen
any xpr library except the ascii.  If the newest Vlt is too large to
send how about the zmodem xpr library?  PLEASE?  Of course it would be
nice to have the latest and greatest of Vlt.  I use it HEAVILY while
working with S on our mainframe and moving files by modem would be
easier with zmodem.

Thanks for any help

-Shan D.

fnf@estinc.UUCP (Fred Fish) (09/11/89)

In article <4159@csd4.csd.uwm.edu> duncan@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Shan D Duncan) writes:
>I have looked at the fish disk 226 for the latest Vlt (3 series).  This
>has some problems that have been corrected in the 4 series (I've found
>4.059 on a local BBS, but have not seen 4.064).  I have never seen
>any xpr library except the ascii.

Vlt version 4.065 is on disk number 245, finished just a few days
ago.  It is the first of a new batch that should be released in
about a week.  Disks 237-244 were released about a week ago.
An update to xprlib from disk 226 is on disk 240.

-Fred
--
# Fred Fish, 1835 E. Belmont Drive, Tempe, AZ 85284,  USA
# 1-602-491-0048           asuvax!{nud,mcdphx}!estinc!fnf