[comp.sys.amiga] SkyPIX

stan@teroach.phx.mcd.mot.com (Stan Fisher) (09/02/89)

I'm looking for any information that will confirm/deny the rumors of the SkyPIX
standards being supported in ANY future/current release(s) of ANY terminal
software.  Currently, as far as I know, DemoTERM is the only terminal program
that does (shareware available on any Atredes BBS database). The Atredes folks
claim that ACCESS and possibly JrCOMM among others have intentions of adding
this extention to the ANSI commands currently supported.

FYI: SkyPix is the command standard used by Atredes to allow REAL
graphic control, Font control, menu gadgets, IFF brush and IFF sound
transmision.  I do so hope a more full featured terminal package (compared
to demoterm) comes out soon with this support.

  Stan Fisher -  stan@teroach.phx.mcd.mot.com -  asuvax!mcdphx!teroach!stan
  Motorola Microcomputer Division, Tempe, Arizona   -  Voice (602) 438-3228
  Call our User Group BBS "M.E.C.C.A." running Atredes 1.1 @ (602) 893-0804

jprad@faatcrl.UUCP (Jack Radigan) (09/02/89)

stan@teroach.phx.mcd.mot.com (Stan Fisher) writes:

>I'm looking for any information that will confirm/deny the rumors of the SkyPIX
>standards being supported in ANY future/current release(s) of ANY terminal
>software.  Currently, as far as I know, DemoTERM is the only terminal program
>that does (shareware available on any Atredes BBS database). The Atredes folks
>claim that ACCESS and possibly JrCOMM among others have intentions of adding
>this extention to the ANSI commands currently supported.

  I can confirm that JR-Comm 1.0 _will_ have SkyPix included in it, the
beta versions already being tested have had it for the past few weeks.

	-jack-

Doug_B_Erdely@cup.portal.com (09/04/89)

Hi Jack! Will JRComm 1.0 have ARexx support? Just curious. :)

		- Doug -

Doug_B_Erdely@Cup.Portal.Com

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (09/06/89)

stan@teroach.phx.mcd.mot.com (Stan Fisher) writes:

|FYI: SkyPix is the command standard used by Atredes to allow REAL
|graphic control, Font control, menu gadgets, IFF brush and IFF sound
|transmision.  I do so hope a more full featured terminal package (compared
|to demoterm) comes out soon with this support.

This is in contrast to the pseudo-graphic-control that other packages give :-).

Sean
--
***  Sean Casey          sean@ms.uky.edu, sean@ukma.bitnet, ukma!sean
***  Copyright 1989 by Sean Casey. Only non-profit redistribution permitted.

stan@teroach.UUCP (Stan Fisher) (09/06/89)

In article <12561@s.ms.uky.edu> sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) writes:
>stan@teroach.phx.mcd.mot.com (Stan Fisher) writes:
>
>>FYI: SkyPix is the command standard used by Atredes to allow REAL
>>graphic control, Font control, menu gadgets, IFF brush and IFF sound
>
>This is in contrast to the pseudo-graphic-control that other packages give :-).

OOOOhhh a woise guoy....  eh?  B^)

I meant like actual pixel level graphics i.e. 320 x 200 x 16 colors over
the modem.  As opposed to ANSI's color character graphics.  Are there other
BBS packages doing this?  If so, please let me know, I just wasn't aware
of them.  It's like when my kid's watching Mr. Rogers, and he has 'picture
picture' draw something in real time, can you say that? 'Real Time' sure, I
knew you could.  Ohhh it's a beautiful day in the.....  ;^)

erk@americ.UUCP (Erick Parsons) (09/06/89)

>From: Doug_B_Erdely@cup.portal.com Message-ID: <21844@cup.portal.com>
>
>Hi Jack! Will JRComm 1.0 have ARexx support? Just curious. :)
>^^^^^^^^
>		- Doug -

Oh My God! He's got a (p|g)un!! So whats the weather like in Cuba ? %-)

I'd be curious to know if there will be any kind of resident scripting
language for automating logons simply ?

-------------------  // ----------------------------------------------------
 Erick Parsons      // .Knowledge is little more than  knowing the questions
 -------------     //  .erk@americ.UUCP or ..ames!pacbell!sactoh0!americ!erk
 Sacramento Ca \\ //   .GEnie: E.PARSONS      %-)       Hamatuer Radio N6RZB
--------------  \X/ --------------------------------------------------------

jprad@faatcrl.UUCP (Jack Radigan) (09/07/89)

Doug_B_Erdely@cup.portal.com writes:

>Hi Jack! Will JRComm 1.0 have ARexx support? Just curious. :)

  No, ARexx and a script language are not going to make it into 1.0,
that's planned for the next release after 1.0.

  -jack-

jbh@mibte.UUCP (James Harvey) (09/12/89)

In article <11603@mcdphx.phx.mcd.mot.com>, stan@teroach.UUCP (Stan Fisher) writes:
> In article <12561@s.ms.uky.edu> sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) writes:
> >stan@teroach.phx.mcd.mot.com (Stan Fisher) writes:
> >
> >>FYI: SkyPix is the command standard used by Atredes to allow REAL
> >>graphic control, Font control, menu gadgets, IFF brush and IFF sound
> >
> >This is in contrast to the pseudo-graphic-control that other packages give :-).
>
> OOOOhhh a woise guoy....  eh?  B^)
>
> I meant like actual pixel level graphics i.e. 320 x 200 x 16 colors over
> the modem.  As opposed to ANSI's color character graphics.  Are there other
> BBS packages doing this?  If so, please let me know, I just wasn't aware
> of them.  It's like when my kid's watching Mr. Rogers, and he has 'picture
> picture' draw something in real time, can you say that? 'Real Time' sure, I
> knew you could.  Ohhh it's a beautiful day in the.....  ;^)
>

>   Stan Fisher -  stan@teroach.phx.mcd.mot.com -  asuvax!mcdphx!teroach!stan
>   Motorola Microcomputer Division, Tempe, Arizona   -  Voice (602) 438-3228
>   Call our User Group BBS "M.E.C.C.A." running Atredes 1.1 @ (602) 893-0804

Whatever happened to the NAPLPS standard for this type of
over-the-phone-line graphics?  I heard one of the Bell Regions
was doing a trial with the French equivalent (Minitel?)  Seems to
me that some sort of standard approach would be good rather than
Skypix which is propietary and ANSI which is only standard
because it is IBM (is my Amiga bias showing?).

--

Jim Harvey                        |      "Ask not for whom the bell
Michigan Bell Telephone           |      tolls and you will only pay

ulysses!gamma!mibte!jbh