[comp.sys.amiga] IFF-EPS

wizard@sosaria.UUCP (Chris Brand) (08/28/89)

In message <263@crash.cts.com> Stephen Datkowitz writes:

>I'm working on a SIMILAR problem, IFF to MacPaint or Tif. MacView was supposed
>to convert between them but the version I have will not. Maybe encapsulated
>PostScript?

IFF to MacPaint is possible, with Hijaak (suppose you also read the
posting concerning it).

What do you mean "maybe EPS"?
Bitmap to vector is never possible....

Sigh, I really wished a program like Electronic Arts' Studio/8 was
available for the Amiga.
There are so many bitmap-paint programs around, but not one that uses vectors
(ProDraw is not what I call a paint program)

Chris Brand - wizard@sosaria.ccs.imp.com
"Justice is the possession and doing
of what one is entitled to"  -  Platon

iddos@TAURUS.BITNET (09/13/89)

In article <0533.AA0533@sosaria> wizard@sosaria.ccs.imp.com writes:

>In message <263@crash.cts.com> Stephen Datkowitz writes:
>
>>I'm working on a SIMILAR problem, IFF to MacPaint or Tif. MacView was supposed
>>to convert between them but the version I have will not. Maybe encapsulated
>>PostScript?
>
>IFF to MacPaint is possible, with Hijaak (suppose you also read the
>posting concerning it).
>
>What do you mean "maybe EPS"?
>Bitmap to vector is never possible....

Bitmap to vector is implemented in some Mac programs. I use Aldus
Freehand every day at work, it does the trick. I turn bitmap maps
of the world into vectors so I can manipulate them , occasionally
I'm asked to get some action from a bad photo (it's a daily I work
in) and again, scanned image ---> vector (!!!) does the the trick,
and I get a woodcut-like PS picture.

I know they said it cannot be done - maybe they meant  'cannot be
done in real-time witha low error rate and military-spec resolution'.
Sometimes they mean that.

| Ido (The Id) Amin                                 iddos@taurus.BITNET |
+---------- Is the virtual memory of a unicorn a physical device? ------+