[comp.sys.amiga] IMGScan...

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (K.J.Jamieson) (09/09/89)

Anyone have the scanner from Sunrize??? How is it ?? Worth the 100$???

  So Lord, I'd think you more than wise, (and me much less a jerk)
  if only once you might supply.....
                        SOME PENGUIN WINGS THAT WORK!"  Opus '83 - 89 R.I.P.

 UUCP: tron1@tronsbox.UUCP  uunet!mimsy!oddjob!clout!ddsw1!tronsbox!tron1
      Sysop, The Penthouse ]I[ BBS - (201)759-8450 / (201)759-8568

parris@usceast.UUCP (Barry Parris) (09/14/89)

In article <[2508a0c4:1348]un.amiga@tronsbox.UUCP> tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (K.J.Jamieson) writes:
>Anyone have the scanner from Sunrize??? How is it ?? Worth the 100$???

I was impressed by the demo picture Surize circulated, so I borrowed
an IMGScan from a friend.  After MANY hours of attempts, I could not
produce an image anywhere near the quality of the demo pic.  My friend
had the same experience.  One of the current Amiga mags has a review,
and they call the image quality mediocre.  It doesn't scan color images
very well, either.  And it is SLOW!  IHMO, save your money!

--Barry Parris

(my .signature is home sick)