[comp.sys.amiga] Help! Hardframe woes...

bty00298@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (09/13/89)

Well I'm back and still having problems with my Quantum 40S.  After
receiving mail from some very helpful people (thanks!), I've come to the
conclusion that the drive is at fault.  This comes after speaking with
Mike Henson of Microbotics who was very helpful in trying to find problems
with the Hardframe.  He assumed that it couldn't be the drive.

After talking with other owners of the 40S I have found that I am not an
isolated case.  Other people with the same type 40MB and age have been
experiencing intermittent problems.  Some say it is the drive not coming
up to speed properly at initialization.

Now that I have isolated the problem I can't find the address or phone number
for Quantum.  Go Amigo, my supplier, only offered a 90 day warranty on items.
They didn't have Quantum's number and gave me a disconnected 800 number for
GVP.  So could someone please send me e-mail with the needed info.

Thanks for your support,

Brian Yamanaka
bty00298.uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

In article <111400048@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> bty00298@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>Now that I have isolated the problem I can't find the address or phone number
>for Quantum. ... So could someone please send me e-mail with the needed info.

From my files :
Quantum (H.Q.) .................(408) 432-1100
Quantum (H.Q.) .................(408) 432-1102 x284 (Repair)
Quantum (Sales).................(408) 980-8555

--Chuck McManis
"If I were driving a Macintosh, I'd have to stop before I could turn the wheel."