[comp.sys.amiga] Where America shops there are Amigas

lah@raybed2.UUCP (LANCE HOLMES) (09/11/89)

In case you don't recieve the Sears catalogs, The Wish book
for the 89 Christmas season has been sent out and ,yes, it now has
an Amiga 500 listed.

amiga 500     $599.00 + s/h

finally an attempt to show the public what an amiga is.

Lance Holmes

griff@intelob.intel.com (Richard Griffith) (09/13/89)

Don't wave your flag yet.... This is Sears.  Do you know who sells
Sears computers?  Do you know who's gonna be representing the Amiga?
Stereo Salesmen.(& women)  People who not only don't know what
multitasking is, they don't care, as long as they get their commission.
Customer support? Oh, that's how much my customer makes at work, so they
can pay for the machine, right?  Whadda mean, if the customer needs help?
Just plug the game cartridge in and play, right?

  (Sorry for the overdose of sarcasm, but most of that isn't sarcasm...
   I've actually *heard* this kind of talk from Sears personnel about
   the Commodore 64, and the Franklin machines....)

What does this mean - we, the Amiga users, have to get Sears, and any other
retailers, to seriously start plugging the local user-groups.  *We* are gonna
have to be the local customer-support.  This is when we can help make the
Amiga really fly, by assisting new owners "get the feel" of the machine.

                             - griff
--
:Richard E. Griffith, "griff" : BiiN, Hillsboro Ore.
:SCA!: Cyrus Hammerhand, Household of the Golden Wolf, Dragons' Mist, An Tir

monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) (09/14/89)

In article <GRIFF.89Sep13085953@intelob.intel.com> griff@intelob.intel.com (Richard Griffith) writes:

>What does this mean - we, the Amiga users, have to get Sears, and any other
>retailers, to seriously start plugging the local user-groups.  *We* are gonna
    If I remember right, CBM has a list of the user groups throughout the
    country. It seems to me that this list should be included in the
    documentation with each machine sold. I find some of my best support
    is from other users, both at our local groups and here on the net.

    What say you commodore? Publish and florish......