[comp.sys.amiga] NoClick3.5 and JazzBench

bvk@hhb.UUCP (Brett Kuehner) (09/14/89)

Has anyone else had problems with NoClick and JazzBench running at the same
time? Things seem to be ok until I put in a disk (I boot from a hard disk),
which causes the WBdisk process to pop up a task held requester. Without
NoClick, things work fine. I'm running 1.3, with 1.3.2 setpatch.

By the way, both NoClick and JazzBench are wonderful things. I do have an
additional problem with JazzBench: the initial CLI window doesn't go away
after an endcli. And doing a RunBack on WBsetup seems to be a very bad idea.
As does redirecting to NULL: or NIL:. Any other ideas?

		Thanks,
			Brett
--
Brett Kuehner, HHB Systems, Mawah, NJ
...!princeton!hhb!bvk

c162-de@zooey.Berkeley.EDU (David Navas) (09/15/89)

In article <277@hhb.UUCP> bvk@hhb.UUCP (Brett Kuehner) writes:
>Has anyone else had problems with NoClick and JazzBench running at the same
>time?

Ummm, no.  But I may be able to help you.

>Things seem to be ok until I put in a disk (I boot from a hard disk),
>which causes the WBdisk process to pop up a task held requester. Without
>NoClick, things work fine. I'm running 1.3, with 1.3.2 setpatch.

The only thing that I can figure NoClick is doing is munging with the
DeviceList while JazzBench is reading it.  Although I've surrounded
the code with Forbid(), Permit(), were something to happen during an
interrupt...

>By the way, both NoClick and JazzBench are wonderful things. I do have an
>additional problem with JazzBench: the initial CLI window doesn't go away
>after an endcli. And doing a RunBack on WBsetup seems to be a very bad idea.
>As does redirecting to NULL: or NIL:. Any other ideas?

Thanks!  I wrote JazzBench, so I kinda like it too... :-)
There is a real good reason why (the current version) of JazzBench keeps the
CLI window open.  Try running a C-program that doesn't auto-open i/o windows,
the default Input/Output of all Jazz-run tasks is the CLI-window.  For instance,
try running 'assign' (menu-selection) on a directory of a removed disks, and
DON'T replace the disk.  Assign comes back with a "file not found" or something
like that IN THE CLI WINDOW.

It was an attempt to make all of those CLI programs in the C-directory run
under JazzBench -- it didn't work.  It was also a last ditch effort right
before I released it.

   IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO GET CLI-type C-directory programs to work w/o
   using "run", please let me know.  (Like the source to runback, or something)

These problems will be fixed -- just as soon as my power supply for my
hard disk comes in.  Can you say multi-screen workbench... (hint :-})

>		Thanks,
>			Brett
>--
>Brett Kuehner, HHB Systems, Mawah, NJ
>...!princeton!hhb!bvk
>bvk%hhb@princeton.EDU

						No problem,
						David Navas

David Navas c162-de@zooey.Berkeley.Edu
author of Jazzbench, all suggestions awaited eagerly.