[comp.sys.amiga] Neptune IFF on ftp node?

8544361@wwu.edu (My Kharma ran over my Dogma...) (09/12/89)

 Did the iff versions of the neptune pics ever make it to an ftp site?

 if so, where?

 -thanks

  -brian mcewen

kherron@ms.uky.edu (Kenneth Herron) (09/14/89)

f.ms.uky.edu 128.163.128.6 has the whole set.  The two picture archives
(neptune1.zoo and neptune2.zoo) are each over 500k; neptune3 contains
one picture (the color HAM shot) and three display programs; this archive
is only around 65k.

They're currently in incoming/Pictures/IFF, but they ought to move when
one of the archivists gets around to it.

Kenneth Herron

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (09/15/89)

In article <12673@s.ms.uky.edu> kherron@ms.uky.edu (Kenneth Herron) writes:
>f.ms.uky.edu 128.163.128.6 has the whole set.  The two picture archives
>(neptune1.zoo and neptune2.zoo) are each over 500k; neptune3 contains
>one picture (the color HAM shot) and three display programs; this archive
>is only around 65k.

For those of you who have downloaded the files from TRANTOR.UMD.EDU and
have problems with best7c and best7d - The file neptune4.zoo contains
good copies of those two pictures only and updated icon files.

For those of you who haven't gotten the pictures yet - forget about the file
neptune4.zoo.  I have corrected the problems in neptune2.zoo and
re-uploaded it to Trantor in info-amiga/pub/neptune2.zoo.  All you need
is neptune1.zoo, neptune2.zoo, neptune3.zoo, and neptune0.readme.

The icons were created by reading the hires 16-color pictures into
DigiPaint and saving them to RAM:, then copying the .info files back
to disk.  It's a technique I find very useful for IFF files
that lack icons.
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS@F74.TYMNET.COM or jms@tymix.tymnet.com
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms

hrlaser@sactoh0.UUCP (Harv R. Laser) (09/17/89)

In article <587@tardis.Tymnet.COM> jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) writes:
[stuff about Neptune pictures deleted]

>The icons were created by reading the hires 16-color pictures into
>DigiPaint and saving them to RAM:, then copying the .info files back
>to disk.  It's a technique I find very useful for IFF files
>that lack icons.

Joe - here's a little trick you might find entertaining:
When Digipaint (original or "3") saves a picture, as you know, it
creates a miniaturized icon version of that picture for a WorkBench
icon.  But the icons it creates are rather small. Maybe you'd like
to have BIGGER mini-pic-icons?  Here's how:  if an icon with the
same filename as the picture you're about to save out of DigiPaint
already exists in the directory to which you're saving the picture,
instead of erasing it and creating a new icon, DigiPaint will
actually resize the mini-pic to that existing icon's size.

Find or create a PROJECT icon in the correct height/width
proportions - that is, similar to the proportions of the kind of
icon DigiPaint normally saves.  Eyeballing it is usually good
enough. Move this icon over to where you're going to save your
DigiPaint pictures. Rename it to the same name as a picture you're
about to save. Or make a whole bunch of copies of it with different
names.  Then load your pic into DigiPaint and just save it back out
again with the name used for one of those large(er) icons.
Whammo (tm), you've got nice big icons that are miniature versions
of the pictures you saved.

Later, if you feel really ambitious, you can further modify those
nice looking icons with something like John Scheib's IconMaster or
Mike Bodin's IconMeister programs, both of which can do things to
icons that IconEd can only dream about.

Have Fun.

--
| Harv Laser                  |  SAC-UNIX, Sacramento, Ca.  |
| Plink: CBM*HARV             |  UUCP=...pacbell!sactoh0    |