[comp.sys.amiga] Dealerships/ WB 1.3.2

monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) (09/14/89)

In article <0825.AA0825@tronix>  writes:
>In article <19439@unix.cis.pitt.edu> ejkst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Eric J. Kennedy) writes:
>>Well, that's all well and good, but it kind of leaves a lot of people
>>out in the cold, doesn't it?  How are the 90% of the Amiga owners
>>without expensive network accounts supposed to get it?
>
>In a message Dated: 6 Sep 89 16:13:58 GMT, Andy Finkel Wrote
>>from his or her dealer, I hope.
>
>  Working for one of the Dealers here in Canada, I find this a bit silly. The
>only way I got ahold of a copy is by 'happening' to open up all the new machines
>shipped, and found it stuffed in the very bottom of on of the new A2500 machines.
>We were not shipped an 'upgrade kit', and other than my OWN dealings with News
>here and Networking on FidoNet, I would not have known what it was, or that
>it was 'supposed' to be allowed to be copied by Customers.
>
>  Russell McOrmond   ...uunet!mitel!sce!nrcaer!tronix!rwm
>  FidoNet 1:163/109  [(613) 231-7144 ]   BBS: (613) 230-2282

    This reflects what I was told from our local dealer. She recently attended
the "show/meeting" for dealers and was told that the only "update" that the
dealers would have is WB1.4 when it comes out. She had not even got a copy
yet as she does not have access to any net at all.

     It seems to me that one of the first things that needs to be handled at
CBM is communications. Either some very misleading info was distributed at
that meeting or else we are getting a line here on the net.

    Speaking of communications, this dealer has been waitng for two weeks
for someone in customer support to answer some questions. Now two weeks
for information from commodore does not seem very long unless you think
about all the recent emphysis on improved support.

    An idea comes to mind though, How about giving dealers access to the
BIX developers net. You know, the one that is reserved for comercial developers.
This might improve response to service questions. Or maybe start another one
up just for dealers???????? If you qualify as a dealer you get access to all
of these type of updates automagically......

enough rambling,
Monty Saine

givler@cbmvax.UUCP (Greg Givler - QA) (09/15/89)

In article <473@sagpd1.UUCP> monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) writes:
>    Speaking of communications, this dealer has been waitng for two weeks
>for someone in customer support to answer some questions. Now two weeks
>for information from commodore does not seem very long unless you think
>about all the recent emphysis on improved support.
>
>Monty Saine

I used to work for Customer Support, and I can tell you that dealers shouldnt
be talking to customer support, but their district or regional Tech Rep.
Customer Support is for just what it says, the Customers. Dealers have their
own support mechanism.

Greg

Greg Givler                        Q-Link: GregGivler
QA Analyst                         CompuServe: Greg Givler 76702,647
Commodore QA (Software)            GEnie: G.Givler
215-431-9100                       INTERNET: givler@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
"Life is pain, Highness, anyone who says differently is selling something"
 - The Dread Pirate Roberts -- The Princess Bride

monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) (09/18/89)

>In article <473@sagpd1.UUCP> monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) writes:
>>    Speaking of communications, this dealer has been waitng for two weeks
>>for someone in customer support to answer some questions. Now two weeks
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	 My mistake, being a "Customer" the term customer support comes
	 to mind first. She was indeed talking to the regional tech rep.
	 Monty Saine

>>for information from commodore does not seem very long unless you think
>>about all the recent emphysis on improved support.
>>
>>Monty Saine
>
>I used to work for Customer Support, and I can tell you that dealers shouldnt
>be talking to customer support, but their district or regional Tech Rep.
>Customer Support is for just what it says, the Customers. Dealers have their
>own support mechanism.

<<<<<<Eat this NEWS>>>>>

Why do we always have to write more than the person before us. Come on NET
GURU's fix these mailers.....!!!!!!!!