[comp.sys.amiga] Setting up an Amiga LAB.

BPJ0%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (Binoy James) (09/17/89)

Hi,

Our Education Technology dept. here at Lehigh is thinking of setting up
a lab of Amigas with various kinds of stuff.  Right now they had two
1000's with TECMAR (!) drives and other stuff like genlock (A1300) and
the Perfect sound digitizer.  They also have some midi interfaces and
other assorted stuff.  This was given to them by Commodore (from what I
learnt) a long, long time ago.  Since nobody has used them they were
just gathering dust in a closet.  Well we decided to set up a lab since,
they already have labs of MacIIcx, IBM ps/2's and various expensive
color printers that we could really use with the Amiga.

       Well, the guy in charge of the dept. is really interested in
getting a lab of Amigas.  The question is who do I get in contact with
at Commodore regarding this matter.  The Amigas are going to be used
extensively for Video applications and hopefully we can convince him
to go with the Amiga line.

I would appreciate any replies by Commodore on their policies for
educational instituitions or atleast a name and number of whom I should
get in touch with.

Thanks CBM.
Bin
BPJ0@LEHIGH

givler@cbmvax.UUCP (Greg Givler - QA) (09/18/89)

In article <24208@louie.udel.EDU> BPJ0%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (Binoy James) writes:
>Hi,
>       Well, the guy in charge of the dept. is really interested in
>getting a lab of Amigas.  The question is who do I get in contact with
>at Commodore regarding this matter.  The Amigas are going to be used
>extensively for Video applications and hopefully we can convince him
>to go with the Amiga line.
>
>I would appreciate any replies by Commodore on their policies for
>educational instituitions or atleast a name and number of whom I should
>get in touch with.
>
>Thanks CBM.
>Bin
>BPJ0@LEHIGH

He should contact Harold Diamond, at 215-431-9100, Mr. Diamond is in charge
of our educational department.

If he wishes to right, the address is:

Commodore Business Machines
Att: Harold Diamond
1200 Wilson Drive
West Chester, PA. 19380

Greg

Greg Givler                        Q-Link: GregGivler
QA Analyst                         CompuServe: Greg Givler 76702,647
Commodore QA (Software)            GEnie: G.Givler
215-431-9100                       INTERNET: givler@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
"Life is pain, Highness, anyone who says differently is selling something"
 - The Dread Pirate Roberts -- The Princess Bride

ken@cbmvax.UUCP (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (09/18/89)

In article <7938@cbmvax.UUCP> givler@cbmvax.UUCP (Greg Givler - QA) writes:
>In article <24208@louie.udel.EDU> BPJ0%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (Binoy James) writes:
>>Hi,
>>I would appreciate any replies by Commodore on their policies for
>>educational instituitions or atleast a name and number of whom I should
>>get in touch with.
>
>He should contact Harold Diamond, at 215-431-9100, Mr. Diamond is in charge
>of our educational department.

You really want to contact:

     Howard Diamond

If you wish to write, the address is:

     Commodore Business Machines
     Attention:  Howard Diamond
     1200 Wilson Drive
     West Chester, PA. 19380
Ken Farinsky -- CATS               Commodore Business Machines
PHONE 215-431-9421         UUCP  ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken

martin@enuxha.eas.asu.edu (Ross D. Martin) (09/19/89)

In article <7938@cbmvax.UUCP>, givler@cbmvax.UUCP (Greg Givler - QA) writes:
> Greg Givler                        Q-Link: GregGivler
> QA Analyst                         CompuServe: Greg Givler 76702,647
> Commodore QA (Software)            GEnie: G.Givler
> 215-431-9100                       INTERNET: givler@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com

What?  I didn't know Commodore was on Internet!  Has this just been added?
Is Commodore going to offer any goodies (such as Workbench 1.3.2) for
anonymous FTP?

			Ross Martin
			agrgm@acvax.inre.asu.edu
			agrgm@asuacvax.bitnet

hummel@m.cs.uiuc.edu (09/20/89)

Written 10:06 am  Sep 18, 1989 by ken@cbmvax.UUCP in comp.sys.amiga:
> In article <7938@cbmvax.UUCP> givler@cbmvax.UUCP (Greg Givler - QA) writes:
> >In article <24208@louie.udel.EDU> BPJ0%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (Binoy James) writes:
> >>I would appreciate any replies by Commodore on their policies for
> >>educational instituitions or atleast a name and number of whom I should
> >>get in touch with.
>
> >He should contact Harold Diamond, at 215-431-9100, Mr. Diamond is in charge
> >of our educational department.
>
> You really want to contact:
>      Howard Diamond

I'm not surprised to see Commodore USA employees messing up the names of
their higher management.  Take a look:

	Harold Copperman, President
	Henri Rubin, COO
	Howard Diamond, Educational Marketing

Harold, Henri, and Howard.  It makes it tough for you folks at Commodore to
match first names to last - I'm sure this hasn't been the first time!

Huey, Luey, and Duey Duck.  Now that would be a little easier. :-) :-) :-)

                                   < Lionel
----------
Lionel Hummel                                 409 Kenwood, Champaign, IL 61821
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign  [H] (217)356-6379  [W] (217)333-7408
hummel@cs.uiuc.edu       {pur-ee,uunet}!uiucdcs!hummel            BIX: lhummel

dillon@POSTGRES.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) (09/20/89)

:
:What?  I didn't know Commodore was on Internet!  Has this just been added?
:Is Commodore going to offer any goodies (such as Workbench 1.3.2) for
:anonymous FTP?

	They are not on the internet, you just got confused by their
    domain name.  It used to be that only Internet sites had real
    domain names but now everyone does.

	I believe they are one hop from rutgers.edu

						-Matt