[comp.sys.amiga] Hardware problem

R38@PSUVM.BITNET (Marc Rifkin) (10/11/88)

I've got a friend with an A500 and his external drive port won't
recognize any drives plugged in.  I think it could have something to
do with the power hookup to the drive. Any suggestions?
Later,
-------
Marc Rifkin
R38@PSUVM.BITNET
101 Beaver Hall
University Park, Pa 16802
814-862-6848

"I don't speak for anyone, I'm not a ventriloquist."

rogoff@itsgw.RPI.EDU (David H. Rogoff) (10/13/88)

 Hi,

  a couple of weeks ago I got an Escort 2 chassis/mem expansion
  for my A1000.  I added 1meg of 41256s.  It worked fine first time.
  It doesn't now.  As of yesterday it does this:
    1 Turn on amiga
    2 flash, flash... ask for Kickstart
    3 Put in Kickstart
    4 Whirl, whirl, whirl.. pause..
    5 power light flashes slowly a few
      times
    6 Power light flashes quickly.
    7 Screen flashes colors.
    8 goto 5

The Amiga is fine with the expansion disconnected.  What's the deal?

  Please respond email (rogoff@itsgw.rpi.edu).

     Thanks
--
    David Rogoff, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy NY, 518-276-8536
      rogoff@itsgw.rpi.edu  userea7p@mts.rpi.edu

DHowell.ESCP8@xerox.com (09/19/89)

I'll have to agree with you there, the Xerox optical mouse is much smoother
and nicer than any mechanical or other optical mouse I've used.  The optics
are set up so that I can even use it on my jeans (just like with the
mechanical mouse) when my desk gets messy!  I would like to see something
like it for the Amiga.  Hmm, maybe I can talk some higher-ups here into
it...

Disclaimer:  Just because I happen to work for Xerox doesn't mean I can't
say how great their products are! :-) And these are my opinions, nobody
else tells me what to write on the net, no-sir-ee!

Dan Howell  <dhowell.escp8@xerox.com>

pds@quintus.UUCP (Peter Schachte) (09/20/89)

In article <24329@louie.udel.EDU> DHowell.ESCP8@xerox.com writes:
>I'll have to agree with you there, the Xerox optical mouse is much smoother
>and nicer than any mechanical or other optical mouse I've used.

Amen.  It's the nicest mouse I've used.  Dale ought to consider selling
the Xerox mouse instead of the Sun one.  You can copy it's mouse pad
(which is just a piece of heavy paper) on a photocopier, and tape
several copies together to your desk for a really BIG mousing surface.
And it slides much easier than the Sun mouse.

--
-Peter Schachte
pds@quintus.uucp