[comp.sys.amiga] CBM: Does CBM Canada honour U.S. Warrantees?

In <243@bmers58.UUCP>, keithh@leibniz.uucp (Keith Hanlan) writes:
>The subject says it all.

No, the subject and the question are two very different things.

> If I buy commodore equipment in the U.S.,
>can I get it serviced in Canada?

You can get it serviced. The warrantee will not be honoured. You would have to
take it to the US for warrantee work.

-larry

--
The Mac? Oh, that's just like a computer, only slower.

keithh@leibniz.uucp (Keith Hanlan) (09/19/89)

The subject says it all. If I buy commodore equipment in the U.S.,
can I get it serviced in Canada?

Thanks,
Keith Hanlan
Bell-Northern Research

613-765-4645
	keithh@bnr.bitnet or
	uunet!attcan!utgpu!bnr-vpa!bnr-fos!leibniz!keithh

givler@cbmvax.UUCP (Greg Givler - QA) (09/19/89)

In article <243@bmers58.UUCP> keithh@leibniz.uucp (Keith Hanlan) writes:
>The subject says it all. If I buy commodore equipment in the U.S.,
>can I get it serviced in Canada?
>
>Thanks,
>Keith Hanlan
>Bell-Northern Research

My understanding is no. If you buy something in the U.S. you have to have
it serviced in the U.S. The warranty is void if you take a U.S. made unit out
of the country.

To be sure on this you should contact Customer Support at CBM Canada. I dont
have their number, but they are located in Toronto.

Greg
Greg Givler                        Q-Link: GregGivler
QA Analyst                         CompuServe: Greg Givler 76702,647
Commodore QA (Software)            GEnie: G.Givler
215-431-9100                       INTERNET: givler@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
"Life is pain, Highness, anyone who says differently is selling something"
 - The Dread Pirate Roberts -- The Princess Bride

keithh@atreus.uucp (Keith Hanlan) (09/20/89)

In article <7947@cbmvax.UUCP> givler@cbmvax.UUCP (Greg Givler - QA) writes:
>In article <243@bmers58.UUCP> keithh@leibniz.uucp (Keith Hanlan) writes:
>>The subject says it all. If I buy commodore equipment in the U.S.,
>>can I get it serviced in Canada?
>
>My understanding is no.
>
>To be sure on this you should contact Customer Support at CBM Canada. I dont
>have their number, but they are located in Toronto.

	You are exactly right. Thanks for the reply Greg. I checked it out
	and I just wanted to add one point for general consumption:
		The US warrantee is only 90 days whereas the Canadian warrantee
		is ONE YEAR.
	I turns out I'll be paying about a 10% premium which is much less
	than I expected. I'm happy.