[comp.sys.amiga] Animation in 2D and 3D.

ccea@gmv.es (Carlos Escrig) (08/28/89)

        Hullo,

           We're a couple of lads that have been selected to create animations          using Sculpt Animate 4D and De Luxe Paint III. Multiple problems have           arised since we started this elaborated job:

        1) Once the animations were created we would like to know how could
           we execute them in a given sequence.

        2) Also, using the multitask property, music must be added while the               animations are showed on screen with a certain synchronism.

        3) We realize that the CLI editor can do these sort of things but at               first sight it doesn't seam that it has got all the instructions that           we need although we hanen't got a proper manual of this editor!!

         4) Our objective is to show all this in a sort of presentation of our
           company so thats the reason why we want it all in a well arranged
           way.

           Obviously we need some help.
           Thanks in advance.

ccea@gmv.es (Carlos Escrig) (08/29/89)

    Hullo,

       We're a couple of lads that have been selected to create animations
    using the Sculpt Animate and DeLuxe Paint III programs. Multiple problems
    have arised since we started this elaborated job:

    1) Once the animations have been created we would like to know how could
       we execute them in a given sequence.

    2) Also, using the multitask property, music must be added while the ani-
       mations are showed on screen with a certain syncronism.

    3) We realize that the CLI editor can do these sort of things but at first
       sight it doesn't seem that it has got all the instructions that we need
       although we haven't got a proper manual of this editor!!

    4) Our objective is to show all this in a sort of presentation of our
       company so thats the reason why we want it all in a well arranged
       way.

       Obviously we need some help!!!

                                    Charles & Richard

    Please send the information about this to the following address:

Carlos Escrig                            Ph. +34 1 5 34 30 04
Grupo de Mecanica del Vuelo, S.A. (GMV)  Fax +34 1 5 33 32 50
Cristobal Bordiu, 35                     Telex  48487 GMEV E
E-28003 MADRID                           cescrig@gmv.es
SPAIN                                    mcvax!gmv.es!cescrig@uunet.uu.net
                                         uunet!mcvax!gmv.es!cescrig

marco@hprnd.HP.COM (Marco Gonzalez) (08/29/89)

 ccea@gmv.es (Carlos Escrig) /  3:45 am  Aug 28, 1989 / writes:

>           We're a couple of lads that have been selected to create animations          using Sculpt Animate 4D and De Luxe Paint III. Multiple problems have           arised since we started this elaborated job:
>
>        1) Once the animations were created we would like to know how could
>           we execute them in a given sequence.
 First of all, if you already have the animations compressed (SA4D) there is
no way to play them back in a given sequence (that's because the ANIM file
contains only the changes from one frame to the next). In Deluxe Paint III is
easy to change the sequence because the compression is made "on the fly".
 Now, If you are talking about combining both or many animations created on
diferent programs, you should get a program like THE DIRECTOR (Right Answers
Group) or ELAN PERFORMER (I haven't used this one). The Director lets you
combine pictures and animations to form presentations or demos using an script
programming language simmilar to AMIGABASIC. I think Elan performer also allows
syncronization with IFF sound and music files (not sure!).
 Deluxe VIDEO II from Electronics Arts is suposed to be out pretty soon (if it's not right now) and it supports all resolution modes and music files from some
music programs, it's VERY user friendly! and looks very powerful for most
presentations needs.

>        2) Also, using the multitask property, music must be added while the               animations are showed on screen with a certain synchronism.
 See response above. ?B^)

>        3) We realize that the CLI editor can do these sort of things but at               first sight it doesn't seam that it has got all the instructions that           we need although we hanen't got a proper manual of this editor!!
 No, CLI has nothing to do with combining animations and music. It's a command
based interfase to AmigaDOS';similar (but MUUCH better than) MS-DOS on the
I*M PCs.

>         4) Our objective is to show all this in a sort of presentation of our
>           company so thats the reason why we want it all in a well arranged
>           way.
 Sometimes is better to record the animations and graphics and music and everything on a VCR (Video Casette Recorder). This way, you only need a T.V and VCR in the conference room, instead of taking all your programs and disks and AMIGA and
everything to it. For this you will need an encoder (PAL, of course) if you have
an AMIGA 500 or 2000 (You don't need it if you have an AMIGA 1000).

>           Obviously we need some help.
>           >Thanks in advance.
	Por nada .
----------
set SPANISH on:
	Creo que entienden ingles, pero hay algunos terminos tecnicos que
probablemente no entiendan; si es asi, no duden en escribirme (por correo
electronico) en espanol y con gusto les respondere cualquier duda referente
a la AMIGA dentro de mis limitaciones (NO soy un experto). Dado que en
Espana utilizan otro sistema de video (PAL) diferente al de la mayor parte de
America (NTSC), puede ser que algunos de los programas que mencione no esten
disponibles en este formato (Aunque estoy enterado de que a ustedes les llegan
los programas nuevos BASTANTE rapido, a juzgar por sus revistas).
 La mejor forma de obtener informacion referente a un producto en particular
es escribiendo a las companias que los producen y leyendo comentarios en
revistas como INFO, AMIGA World, etc.
 Yo vivo en la ciudad de Guadalajara, en MEXICO; pero el correo electronico
envienlo a la direccion indicada.

          Saludos Amigos!.
set SPANISH off:
-----

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with the companies that produce the programs
mentioned above. My opinions in NO way reflect those of my employer.
& all other standar disclaimers.

Dalamar@cup.portal.com (E H Mahler) (08/30/89)

 Director would be a great help, in my opinion. It will handle the Anims,
sound effects, and allows the ability to spawn background tasks where
you could run music (either self-executing or with a player program like
the PD Sonix player).

  It will also allow you to freeze frames on the Anims and do nice smooth
blitter operations. This is a script based utility and requires a little
BASIC-like programming skill.

 						Hope this helps!
						 E. Mahler

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with The Right Answers Group
(the makers of The Director), Just a satisfied user.

UUCP: ..sun!portal!cup.portal.com!dalamar
Portal: dalamar.

CIS@S41.Prime.COM (09/18/89)

For putting sound to an anim, I might suggest Animation:Soundtrack from
<someone help me out here.  I just lost that connection>.  You can synchronize
the sound sample by frame of the anim.  It looked pretty neat at the BCS
AUG Technical meeting in August, and it might actually do what you want.

Chuck Stern
cis@s41.Prime.COM

/* I'm not exactly sure who is speaking for Prime now, except that I know
   that it isn't me */

wayneck@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Wayne Knapp) (09/21/89)

In article <419500004@S41.Prime.COM>, CIS@S41.Prime.COM writes:

> For putting sound to an anim, I might suggest Animation:Soundtrack from
> <someone help me out here.  I just lost that connection>.  You can synchronize
> the sound sample by frame of the anim.  It looked pretty neat at the BCS
> AUG Technical meeting in August, and it might actually do what you want.

The company is:  Hash Enterprises       Telephone
                 2800 East Evergreen      206/693-7443
                 Vancouver WA. 98661

If you call that number you will must likely get to talk to Martin Hash
himself, (He started the company about 3 years ago or so).

Animation:Soundtrack is great for synchronizing sound to an anim file.
It works well with DPIII and other anim producing programs.  It isn't
my program, so I'm free to talk here, I think that Animation:Soundtrack
is the most AMAZING program I've ever seen running on an Amiga.  It is
also a lot of fun to run.  Briefly you have a animation running on one
screen and the Soundtrack panel running on another screen.  (Both the
display program and the soundtrack program are completely multi-tasking
and work well together.)   Sound samples can be loaded into the
Soundtrack program and position by either using frame numbers or SMPTE
time coding.  The user interface is completely graphical and easy to
understand.  Sounds and also be modified, or recorded in the program.
The user can control which speaker the sound is played on for steoro
effects.  These features plus others make producing a soundtrack easy
and fun to do.  Needless to say sound greatly improves many animations.
The author of Animation:Soundtrack put nearly a year into the program
and it really shows!

                               Wayne Knapp

P.S. Animation:Soundtrack retails for $119.95, I think.  I also think
there is a discount for direct sales.  Also Hash Enterprises offers
many other programs for aiding in producing your animation.