[comp.sys.amiga] DigiPaint 3 and Transfer 24

sjm@well.UUCP (Stephen Moehle) (09/16/89)

I just bought DigiPaint 3, and I am having problems with the Transfer 24
program that comes with it.  I cannot get it to load IP files created by
the FrameGrabber software.  The format of IP files seems pretty simple.
Even if the file was corrupt, Transfer 24 should load garbage, but it
loads nothing at all.  It does not seem to really try.  It goes back to
its normal state almost immediately, but it does not display any messages
of any kind.  Very frustrating.  It won't even tell you that something is
wrong.  The size of the file is correct, BTW, and the trailing 12 byte
control block appears fine.  Has anyone gotten Transfer 24 to work?  If
so, how?  Thanks.

Stephe
{ucbvax,pacbell,hplabs}!well!sjm     or     sjm@well.sf.ca.usa
"You heard the weirdo man.  What is truth?"

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (09/21/89)

In article <13665@well.UUCP> sjm@well.UUCP (Stephen Moehle) writes:
>I just bought DigiPaint 3, and I am having problems with the Transfer 24
>program that comes with it.  I cannot get it to load IP files created by
>the FrameGrabber software.  The format of IP files seems pretty simple.

Transfer 24 is very much like DigiView 3.0, and so far I've found only
two formats that DigiView reads.  If the file does not start with
FORM....ILBM, then it needs to be exactly width*height bytes long or
width*height*3 bytes long.  If not one of the above, DigiView wouldn't
read the file for me, and gave no error message.

>The size of the file is correct, BTW, and the trailing 12 byte
>control block appears fine.

Have you tried deleting the trailing 12 byte control block?
I have found that for a 640x480x8-bit picture, the program wants
to see a file size of exactly 307200 bytes.
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS@F74.TYMNET.COM or jms@tymix.tymnet.com
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms