[comp.sys.amiga] CLI garbage after ctrl-alt-del Bridgeboard reboot

jjp@stevie.cs.unlv.edu (John Pittas) (09/19/89)

--------

Whenever I reboot the Bridgeboard side of my 2000 via ctrl-alt-del,
the amiga shell/CLI becomes unusable.  Garbage characters get displayed
when typing, and the only solution I have found thusfar is to reboot.
I have seen this problem mentioned on the net before, but I have never
seen a solution posted.

Thanks.

--------
John Pittas

dc@dcpc.UUCP (Don Curtis) (09/20/89)

In <1325@jimi.cs.unlv.edu>  jjp@stevie.cs.unlv.edu (John Pittas) asks:

>Whenever I reboot the Bridgeboard side of my 2000 via ctrl-alt-del,
>the amiga shell/CLI becomes unusable.  Garbage characters get displayed
>when typing, and the only solution I have found thusfar is to reboot.
>I have seen this problem mentioned on the net before, but I have never
>seen a solution posted.

	Hit a Control-O in the CLI and then a Carriage Return and
	well again.

--
/*
**              Don Curtis    ...boulder!tcr!dcpc!dc

bill@cbmvax.UUCP (Bill Koester) (09/23/89)

In article <1325@jimi.cs.unlv.edu> jjp@jimi.cs.unlv.edu (John Pittas) writes:
>--------
>
>Whenever I reboot the Bridgeboard side of my 2000 via ctrl-alt-del,
>the amiga shell/CLI becomes unusable.  Garbage characters get displayed
>when typing, and the only solution I have found thusfar is to reboot.
>I have seen this problem mentioned on the net before, but I have never
>seen a solution posted.

This should be fixed for V2.0 Janus. Try left alt followed by left amiga.
The upkey event for the alt key was getting lost so that the Amiga always
thought alt was depressed.

				BK