[comp.sys.amiga] Janus 2.0 mouse

liberato@drivax.UUCP (Jimmy Liberato) (09/20/89)

With the Amiga emulation of the Microsoft serial mouse
under Janus 2.0 (which I do not have) would I have access
to the mouse cursor in the PC window while using a video
card (VGA) in one of the bridge slots with a separate
monitor?  Or will it only be accessible in the PC window
from the Amiga monitor?

On a related note, what are the complications in having the
Bridgeboard emulate one of the higher PC resolutions.  EGA
should fit within a 640x400 screen.  Other than transfering
files I have yet to discover any practical use for the
bridgeboard's CGA. It has long been abandoned.  Even EGA has
been orphaned by IBM.

--
Jimmy Liberato   ...!amdahl!drivax!liberato
     "My life is conventional and uneventful.  It allows me to think with

bill@cbmvax.UUCP (Bill Koester) (09/23/89)

In article <2517AA45.3CDB@drivax.UUCP> liberato@drivax.UUCP (Jimmy Liberato) writes:
>With the Amiga emulation of the Microsoft serial mouse
>under Janus 2.0 (which I do not have) would I have access
>to the mouse cursor in the PC window while using a video
>card (VGA) in one of the bridge slots with a separate
>monitor?  Or will it only be accessible in the PC window
>from the Amiga monitor?

AMouse emulates a Microsoft mouse. It is up to the application program
to handle drawing the mouse cursor. I have used amouse with windows,
norton commander flight simulator and others on video boards such as
CGA EGA VGA as well as pcwindows CGA.

>On a related note, what are the complications in having the
>Bridgeboard emulate one of the higher PC resolutions.  EGA
>should fit within a 640x400 screen.  Other than transfering
>files I have yet to discover any practical use for the
>bridgeboard's CGA. It has long been abandoned.  Even EGA has
>been orphaned by IBM.

Emulating EGA will require some sort of hardware upgrade. EGA requires
an extra 64K. Currently there is not enough dual-port memory
to support EGA.

		BK