[comp.sys.amiga] NUA? What is it?

pmk@cip-s01.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Michael Keukert) (09/24/89)

In Article 14125 of comp.sys.amiga: Jerry Whitman writes:

>What in the world is an nua?  This looks like it might be some version
>of an overseas 800 number?  Once I know what it is, what do I need to
>know to use it?  Anyone care to lift the fog?

NUA means Network User Adress which explains, I think, itself.
On the german DATEX-P telecom network you need both, a two part
NUI (i.e. Network User Identification = your personal password) and
the NUA to connect to another host. I don't know anything about the
techniques of your telecom networks, but I think it's merely the same.

Greetings from germany, where akronyms are at least as popular as over
there at your location.

PMK@CIP-S01.INFORMATIK.RWTH-AACHEN.DE     ! Warning! UNIX-Newcomer!
Michael Keukert of 2:242/2 (Fido-Net)     ! No flames please ....
PMK@EIKO.ZER           (Zerberus-Net)     ! ... I'm still learning.