[comp.sys.amiga] Cotton Swabs

murphy@pur-phy (William J. Murphy) (09/26/89)

In article <7972@cbmvax.UUCP> peter@cbmvax.UUCP (Peter Cherna) writes:
>residue because the alcohol dissolves the cheap plastic.  Proper
>cotton swabs designed for other than ears have wooden sticks.
>             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>      Peter Cherna
As probably the only one reading this group with an audiological bent, I must
point out that although cotton swabs are conveniently sized to get the
most crustily impacted ear wax out of the ear canal,  Your audiologist
WOULD NOT RECOMMEND you doing so.  If you suffer from excessive impacted ear
wax, please try the commercial products designed to dissolve and flush
the ear canal.  Using sticks and swabs and paper clips and ... all run the
risk of puncturing the tympanic membrane which will be most painful.

This public service announcement was not brought to you by Johnson & Johnson
makers of Q-Tips (tm).

--
 Bill Murphy        murphy@newton.physics.purdue.edu