[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga Common Lisp

tenny@z.dec.com (Did you hear the one about the farmer's data?) (12/03/87)

                <<< DUA1:[TENNY.USENET]COMP_SYS_AMIGA.NOTE;1 >>>
                      -< Usenet comp.sys.amiga postings >-
Note 738.1                     Amiga Common Lisp?                         1 of 1
Z::TENNY "stsci!berry"                               15 lines   2-DEC-1987 15:32
                              -< -- Base Item -- >-

Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga
Subject: Amiga Common Lisp?

Does anyone know of an Amiga Common Lisp?  If so, any information/comments
would be appreciated (email, of course).

Jim Berry                         | UUCP:{arizona,decvax,hao}!noao!stsci!berry
Space Telescope Science Institute | ARPA:   berry@stsci.edu
Baltimore, Md. 21218              | SPAM:   SCIVAX::BERRY, KEPLER::BERRY

tenny@z.dec.com (Did you hear the one about the farmer's data?) (12/03/87)

Oops, an invalid message may have gone earlier.

Someone mentioned that the MetaComco/Commodore Lisp is like Common Lisp.
FOOEY.  The two are about as related as primordial ooze and MENSA.

I'm waiting for a real Common Lisp, and I have yet to hear *anything* good
about the Metacomco lisp.  So save your money for the real thing, and hope
that one shows up.

Dave Tenny
VAX LISP development
Digital Equipment Corp.

jgh2@cisunx.UUCP (John G. Hardie) (12/06/87)

In article <8712031439.AA13178@decwrl.dec.com>, tenny@z.dec.com (Did you hear the one about the farmer's data?) writes:

> Someone mentioned that the MetaComco/Commodore Lisp is like Common Lisp.
> FOOEY.  The two are about as related as primordial ooze and MENSA.

Yes folks, I am that someone.  It appears that I didn't remember correctly.
<INSERT SOUNDS OF FLAGELLATION, WAILING AND GNASHING OF TEETH>
Metacomco lisp is a dialect of STANDARD lisp, not COMMON.  Doesn't really
matter to me since I am not a Lisp programmer and I just use Metacomco to
play with.  Sorry if I caused any nausea or mental anguish.

> Dave Tenny
> VAX LISP development
> Digital Equipment Corp.

A moderately embarrassed but not defeated
jgh

--
John G. Hardie			UUCP:	jgh2@cisunx.UUCP
Dept. of Physics, 		-or-	jgh2@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu@pitt

derhak@cs.utah.edu (Max W. Derhak) (09/26/89)

I was wondering if there is a version of Common Lisp for the Amiga.
There was a reference to it a while back, but I don't recall the answer.

Thanks in advance

Max

 Lekarz  THE //\/\    //| \ /  #  Max Derhak (derhak@cs.utah.edu) :^>
   od    \\ //    \  //-|  X   #  Oh Yeah?  If you think that was neat
  Raju!   \X/      \//  | / \  o      wait till you see THIS!