[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga computers

karl@sugar.hackercorp.com (Karl Lehenbauer) (03/06/89)

[warning:  posting uses bad language - hit 'n' if you'll be offended.]

In article <36510@vax1.tcd.ie>, jagrogan@vax1.tcd.ie writes:
> I found this in the jokes section of the news..and thought that it
> might appeal to all non-amiga users (That should be an awful lot of users)
> What's the difference between an Amiga and a bucket of shit?
> A bucket.
> What's worse than having to program an IBM PC and fuck a pig?
> Having to program an Amiga and fuck a pig.
...  etc etc

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing these with us, jagrogan, especially
in comp.sys.amiga.tech.  There are SO MANY non-amiga users in that group,
why, I can't even begin to count them.

In honor of your Magnificient Achievement, I have prepared some similar
"jokes" below.  Perhaps other thankful amiga.tech reads would like to show
their appreciaion to you by filling your mailbox with nasty indignant
flames, er, I mean, appreciative, comradely praise.

What's the difference between jagrogan's brain and a bowl of rancid mush?
The bowl.

How many jagrogans would it take to cause the imminent death of the net?
Don't even think about things like that.

What kind of person would rather fuck a pig and program an IBM PC than program
an Amiga?
jagrogan@vax1 and other degenerate losers of his ilk.

But is that just because he likes to fuck pigs?
Maybe.

How many jagrogans would you have to examine to find one working brain
cell?
A lot.  More than you'd care to.

Would anyone in the universe prefer to program an underpowered, soundless,
biltterless, segmented, 640K-limited, single-tasking 8088-based IBM PC over
an Amiga?
Well, you wouldn't think so, but there's this roto jagrogan@vax1...
--
-- uunet!sugar!karl  | "Everyone has a purpose in life.  Perhaps yours is
--		     |  watching television."  -- David Letterman

simon@copper.columbia.edu (Thor Simon) (03/11/89)

 Not only that, but he stole them from somebody else!!!

AND changed them

AND changed the name of the guy he stole them from!

In fact, the originals said IBM PC everywhere he inserted Amiga!

What do you bet he posted them to EVERY comp.sys.#? group with
different words and a different "author's name"?

raf@PRC.Unisys.COM (Ralph A. Foy) (09/28/89)

From article <6389@watdcsu.waterloo.edu>, by bmaraldo@watdcsu.waterloo.edu (Commander Brett Maraldo):
[...]
>There seem
> to be 3 systems worth considering when going he computer-MIDI route: IBM(and
> clones), Mac, and Atari.
[...]

(uh oh... you knew this was gonna happen...)

I dont want to start the ususal "my computer's better than your's"
war... really!

All I want to say is that I believe that the Commodore Amiga is well
worth considering for computer-MIDI work.  There is a growing number
of excellent music software titles, and lots of satisfied Amiga owners.

> Atari's are cheap:  I bought a 512K 520ST used for $200Can and upgraded to
> 4meg for an additional $1500 - a 4meg 8MHz 68000 machine with a windowed
> operating system for $1700... that's not too bad.

similar for the Amiga. I got a slightly used (only on sundays to
church) 2000, 40 meg internal Hard Drive, 3 meg o' memory, two
internal 880k floppies with a windowing operating system that is
multi-tasking (8-) !!!) for $1600. that's not too bad either!

> 	As for other software for the ST: a fast efficient C compiler, many
> windowed word processors, lots of competent spread sheets, etc.  The other
> thing I like about the ST is that software is cheaper than for the PC's.

similar for the Amiga. plus it has a multi-tasking operating system!!!
8-)

seriously, take a look for yourself, and you may be quite impressed.

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Commodore (though would consider the
possibility), I am only a satisfied owner.  I am not a musician, just a
computer-weenie who likes to pretend (hey, if musicans can get into
computers via MIDI, why can't I try doing it the other way arround?)

ralph
Ralph A Foy				UUCP:   raf@burdvax.UUCP
Unisys/Paoli Research Center		ARPA: 	raf@prc.unisys.com
PO Box 517				(215) 648-7324 (work)
Paoli, PA 19301                         (215) 431-2556 (home)
	  "The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious
	encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without
			   understanding."
		     -- Justice Louis B. Brandeis