[comp.sys.amiga] help! Dead A500 keyboard

MCARTSHA@UREGINA1.BITNET (Shan Mcarthur) (09/27/89)

How can one survive in this do-box world without one's amy?

I have a major crisis on my hands right now, my amy500 keyboard is shouting
MUTINY!  It all started out with the left shift key not functioning well.
This evening, my fears were confirmed and there is now a major problem in the
keyboard.  When I pressed the dying key, the power light flickered and then
died.  I temporarily revived the computer later, but now it is shut down
on a more permanent basis.  Anyways, since I am in a captive market right now
I would like to find out what a reasonable price would be for a new keyboard.
Or, if by chance someone else has a dead Amy that put that body donor sticker
on its driver's licence, I would extend the invitation for them to donate
something to science.  I would compensate themfor the dismemberment of their
lost loved one, for of course, it cannot be bronzed after the surgery.

Seriously now,  I -- NEEEEEED -- TO -- GET -- MY -- AMIGA -- RUNNING!
I need it to program for my system's software class.  If anyone can
offer any help, or give me an address where I can order something, please do.
As a last resort, I can sell my sister into slavery to pay the local prices.

Please reply to MCARTSHA@UREGINA1  (bitnet).  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Shan McArthur

bakerj@mothra.UUCP (Jon Baker) (09/28/89)

In article <8909270938.AA23359@jade.berkeley.edu>, MCARTSHA@UREGINA1.BITNET (Shan Mcarthur) writes:
> I have a major crisis on my hands right now, my amy500 keyboard is shouting
> MUTINY!  It all started out with the left shift key not functioning well.
> This evening, my fears were confirmed and there is now a major problem in the
> keyboard.  When I pressed the dying key, the power light flickered and then
> died.  I temporarily revived the computer later, but now it is shut down
> on a more permanent basis.
> Shan McArthur

I too have had some intermittent troubles with the keyboard, mostly due
to a buildup of ashes and cat hair.  You may want to try cleaning the
innards and the cable connections before selling your sister ...
J.Baker.