[comp.sys.amiga] 030 for LUCAS

news@caen.engin.umich.edu (CAEN Netnews) (09/22/89)

Has anybody come up with a hack to allow a 68030 to be placed
on top of the LUCAS platform?  I would really like to be able
to do this.

                        Thanks, Ralph Seguin

gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu
Ralph_Seguin@ub.cc.umich.edu

douglee@becker.UUCP (Doug Lee) (09/29/89)

In article <45cad17e.a590@mag.engin.umich.edu> news@caen.engin.umich.edu (CAEN Netnews) writes:
>Has anybody come up with a hack to allow a 68030 to be placed
>on top of the LUCAS platform?  I would really like to be able
>to do this.
I have been told by Brad Fowles, the designer of Lucas that Ronin has an adapter
socket available which plugs into a 68020 socket and accepts a 68030. I don't
know about price or availability. If you find out, please post. I also don't
know if the extra signals from the 030 are assily accessable for attaching wires.
The pinout of the 68020 and 030 are completely different, so it's not a trivial
interconnection job.

--
Doug Lee
douglee@becker