[comp.sys.amiga] Automated Hymn sources wanted

shimeall@cs.nps.navy.mil (Tim Shimeall x2509) (09/27/89)

Hello,
I am new to this group, please forgive me if this is a repeat of
a previous query.

We are using the program "Deluxe Music Construction Set", using the
"MIDI Gold" hardware interface.   We have a piano hooked up to it, and
want to use the amiga to play Christian hymns (during church
services).  Can anyone recommend a source for hymn source files?  Does
anyone have any that they would be willing to share? We would also be
interested in classical pieces for preludes/postludes/offeratories.

Please (if possible) email directly to me.  If there is sufficient
interest, I will post a summary of responses.
					Tim

Note: This posting does not indicate a policy or opinion of the Naval
Postgraduate School, US DoD, or any other agency or government.
Material contained herein is solely the responsibility of the author.

karl@sugar.hackercorp.com (Karl Lehenbauer) (09/30/89)

In article <293@cs.nps.navy.mil> shimeall@cs.nps.navy.mil (Tim Shimeall x2509) writes:
>We are using the program "Deluxe Music Construction Set", using the
>"MIDI Gold" hardware interface.   We have a piano hooked up to it,

A piano?  Really?  Like a Bosendorfer MIDI grand or something?

>and want to use the amiga to play Christian hymns (during church
>services).

Getting rid of the pianist, eh?

>Does
>anyone have any that they would be willing to share? We would also be
>interested in classical pieces for preludes/postludes/offeratories.

Get Soundscape or Music-X or something and play them in.  Or make a tape.
I mean, why even bother with a sequencer?
--
-- uunet!sugar!karl	"There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that
-- 			 flags do not wave in a vacuum."  -- Arthur C. Clarke