From: TW6PSANU@MIAMIU.BITNET (Todd Whitehead)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Subject: RE: I want multitasking: so there.
Date: 29 Sep 89 16:35:20 GMT
Sender: daemon@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU

You don't need multitasking, you need revolver.
revolver will let you have all of those programs in memory at the same time
and allow you to switch between them.  files can be transfered among
the different programs through a common ramdisk.
also, you can "roll-out" a partition to disk.  you could have
1st word in a partition with a document started and roll it out to disk,
turn off the st, go away and come back later and roll it back in.
everything will be like it was when you left. (cursor position and all!)

Todd Whitehead
Miami University
Oxford, Ohio

Opinions are my own, as I don't work for anybody...YET!

... and probably never will.
When you stop laughing, crawl back off the floor and shed some tears
for those who need to see the light.

Joel E. Swan