[comp.sys.amiga] Fatter Agnus and PA

King Claudius@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (King Claudius) (09/24/89)

After receiving my Fatter Agnes, I've been rather frustrated with
problems with such simple operations as line-drawing and area-fills.

Also, menu's sometimes end up garbled, and I've even crashed the machine
just by moving down the menus...

I think I've found the source to my problem, my Processor Accelerator.

Has anyone else experienced the same things with/without the PA active?

Is there going to be any setpatch programs to alleviate such problems
(more than likely the gfx and intuition libraries)?
--
cknight@polyslo.calpoly.edu                                  ---King Claudius---

stevef@well.UUCP (Steven Robert Fordyce) (09/27/89)

in Article 42477 of comp.sys.amiga: King Claudius writes:
> After receiving my Fatter Agnes, I've been rather frustrated with
> problems with such simple operations as line-drawing and area-fills.
>
> Also, menu's sometimes end up garbled, and I've even crashed the machine
> just by moving down the menus...
>
> I think I've found the source to my problem, my Processor Accelerator.

In general there is no compatability problem between the Super Agnus and the
Processor Accelerator.  I have both in my 2000 (and a our MultiPort board
with 80 Meg hard disk, a Supra internal modem, and a Micron card) and I have
no problems.  It is possible there is a problem with one of the older revs
of our board.  If that is the case, you can get a free upgrade.  Please
give Lilliane a call.

Steven R Fordyce				   uunet!sequent!calvin!stevef

Creative Microsystems, Inc., 19552 SW 90th Court, Tualatin, Oregon  97062, USA
For customer service, call Lilliane Carter at (503)691-2552, FAX (503)691-1292

billsey@agora.UUCP (Bill Seymour) (10/01/89)

From article <1989Sep23.191621.28797@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU:, by King Claudius@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (King Claudius):
: After receiving my Fatter Agnes, I've been rather frustrated with
: problems with such simple operations as line-drawing and area-fills.

	This is a known problem with some Super Agnuses... Take it back
to your dealer and have it replaced with a good one.

: I think I've found the source to my problem, my Processor Accelerator.
:
: Has anyone else experienced the same things with/without the PA active?

	I'm not having any troubles with my PA/Super Agnus combo. It's
unlikely the PA is your problem. Get the Agnus replaced and it should all
work OK for you.

: cknight@polyslo.calpoly.edu                                  ---King Claudius---
--
     -Bill Seymour             ...tektronix!reed!percival!agora!billsey
                               ...tektronix!sequent.UUCP!calvin!billsey