[comp.sys.amiga] Laboratory Boards

ROBINSON@amy.skidmore.edu (09/25/89)

Everyone knows the Amiga is a fine machine for many things, but from
a research point of view, I am most interested in interfacing the Amiga
to other equipment. More specifically, does anyone know of A/D boards
for the Amiga; what about D/A and I/O boards that can control TTL
compatible equipment for things like data aquisition and general
laboratory control? Other researchers have requested the same.
It is time the Amiga takes control of research labs across the
world!

                                 George S. Robinson,Jr.,Ph.D.
                                 ROBINSON@AMY.SKIDMORE.EDU
                                 Research Psychologist

ROBINSON@amy.skidmore.edu (09/26/89)

Does anyone know of laboratory boards for the Amiga. I am looking for
TTL driven digital I/O boards or plugs for the Amiga. Is the Amiga capable
of driving this type of logic? What about laboratory standard A/D and
D/A boards. Any suggestions, comments are directions would be useful.
Are the any good hardware books about the Amiga? Maybe I will create
this boards from scratch!!

Thanks
ROBINSON@AMY.SKIDMORE.EDU
518-584-5000 EXT 2774

perry@madnix.UUCP (Perry Kivolowitz) (09/27/89)

In article <24761@louie.udel.EDU> ROBINSON@amy.skidmore.edu writes:
>Everyone knows the Amiga is a fine machine for many things, but from
>a research point of view, I am most interested in interfacing the Amiga
>to other equipment. More specifically, does anyone know of A/D boards
>for the Amiga; what about D/A and I/O boards that can control TTL
>compatible equipment for things like data aquisition and general
>laboratory control? Other researchers have requested the same.
>It is time the Amiga takes control of research labs across the
>world!

It was for this very purpose that we designed the Twin-X general purpose
input/output board for the Amiga.

Twin-X is a host for any two industry standard iSBX modules. It (Twin-X)
makes the iSBX modules appear to be standard auto-configuring boards for
the A2000. One Twin-X will accomodate up to 2 modules.

Modules sometimes require trivial amounts of programming. For instance,
one of the A to D conversion modules we've tried (there are many) required
two dozen lines of actual C code (not counting comments and included header
files) to control. A AC/DC relay module needed even less.

Access speeds are limited only by Amiga bus speeds.

Many A-D, D-A, and Parallel/Digital-IO modules exist. We, ourselves,
provide a GPIB module as wel as a dual serial port module.

We can be reached at (608) 273 6585.

--
Perry Kivolowitz, ASDG Inc. ``We look for things. Things that make us go.''
	UUCP:  {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!perry

conca@handel.CS.ColoState.Edu (michael vincen conca) (09/29/89)

In article <24879@louie.udel.EDU> ROBINSON@amy.skidmore.edu writes:
>Does anyone know of laboratory boards for the Amiga. I am looking for
>TTL driven digital I/O boards or plugs for the Amiga. Is the Amiga capable
>of driving this type of logic? What about laboratory standard A/D and
>D/A boards. Any suggestions, comments are directions would be useful.
>Are the any good hardware books about the Amiga? Maybe I will create
>this boards from scratch!!

    Check out Computer Discount in Denver.  The last catalog is saw of
theirs included several A/D and D/A boards for the Amiga 2000.  I'm
not sure about the TTL boards though.

     Even if they don't actually have them, they can probably help you
find some or send you to somebody who knows more about lab equipment.
They are VERY helpful and really know their stuff.

     Sorry I don't have their phone number or exact address readily
available right now, but for starters:

			    Computer Discount
			    5th Ave. & Kalamath St.
			    Denver, Colorado

     If you need more specific info, just let me know.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                          Mike Conca
			  conca@handel.CS.ColoState.Edu
			  conca@129.82.102.32
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-==--=-=-=-=-=

bakerj@mothra.UUCP (Jon Baker) (10/05/89)

In article <2732@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU>, conca@handel.CS.ColoState.Edu (michael vincen conca) writes:

>      Sorry I don't have their phone number or exact address readily
> available right now, but for starters:
>
> 			    Computer Discount
> 			    5th Ave. & Kalamath St.
> 			    Denver, Colorado

Computer Discount also has an outlet in Phoenix :

   Computer Discount
   834 E. Indian School Road
   Phoenix, Arizona  85014
   602-274-9599