[comp.sys.amiga] A500 and fat Agnes

mjsagar@sandia.gov (9123 SAGARTZ, MATHIAS J.) (10/04/89)

My understanding is that currently only the A2000 is shipping with
the new Agnes chip.  Is Commodore planning to begin to put it in
the A500's soon?

Also, does anyone know what happened to the NCGA magazine
"Computer Graphics Today."  It used to be one of the very few
publications where the Amiga got any coverage.  Normally the
magazine is a monthly, but I havn't seen a new issue in our
library for about 4 months.
(NCGA is National Computer Graphics Association)

mccavitt@wright.EDU (Dean McCavitt) (10/05/89)

In article <757@nigel.udel.EDU>, mjsagar@sandia.gov (9123 SAGARTZ, MATHIAS J.) writes:
> My understanding is that currently only the A2000 is shipping with
> the new Agnes chip.  Is Commodore planning to begin to put it in
> the A500's soon?

I just purchased a new A500.  The unit did come with fat agnus
installed.

--
SELF:   Dean McCavitt         |  Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering
CSNET:  mccavitt@wright.edu   |  Wright State University

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (10/06/89)

In Message <757@nigel.udel.EDU>, mjsagar@sandia.gov (9123 SAGARTZ, MATHIAS J.) writes:

>My understanding is that currently only the A2000 is shipping with
>the new Agnes chip.  Is Commodore planning to begin to put it in
>the A500's soon?

 My understanding is that Commodore started shipping the new 1-meg Agnus in
 A500's before they made it available publicly. Seems when the stock of old
 512K Agnus chips ran out they started sticking in the new 1-meg chip but
 left the motherboard jumpered for only 512K of chip ram. So check yours,
 you may already have one.

 Sneakers

--
                                      ___
    Dan "Sneakers" Schein            ////          BERKS AMIGA BBS