[comp.sys.amiga] UUCP for the Amiga

andy@cbmvax.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (08/22/87)

I was checking out what's floated by in comp.sources.misc lately,
and, lo and behold, spotted a gem.  (or so it seems, I haven't
compiled it yet).  Its free UUCP for the Amiga.  Even has a primitive
mail program (and a *real primitive* news facility).  But its here,
and looks pretty real.

How about that!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to checking it out and playing with it
as soon as I can free up some time;  Just thought I'd mention it
here, in case other people want to put their Amigas on the net as well.

(oh, yes, it seems to have files to let it run on other computers)

--
andy finkel		{ihnp4|seismo|allegra}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"The goal of Computer Science is to build something that will last at
least until we've finished building it."

daveo@ohman.UUCP (Dave Oh) (01/31/89)

I've tried sending some E-mail to Dan "Sneakers", but I don't think he got it (my error).

My question to him, and to anyone else is... How do I get UUCP/UseNet for the Amiga to work properly.  I've set up my HD in the proper manner.  I have:
	S (dir)
	spool (dir)
	lib (dir)
	c (dir)
	mail (dir)
	     news (dir)
	          comp.sys.amiga (dir)
	  daveo
	  Mailer-Daemon           newsgroups
	manuals (dir)

The problem is this:  Whenever I get feed, UUPOLL will always put the feed into the UUCP:mail/Mailer-Daemon file and not in its proper directory in News:comp.sys.amiga/xxx, to use an example.  I have Man: News: and UUCP: assigned properly, and still, it doesn't work...

This might be of help, but the UUCP:spool/error.log says:

"Rnews: Having problems appending mail for UUCP:MAIL/UseNet"

for each new article I recieve.  Can anyone help?

Thanx a bunch.

--
  //   Dave Oh                           PLINK: Dave*Oh
\X/    Kitchener, Ontario                 UUCP: !egvideo!ohman!daveo

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (02/02/89)

In Message <0324.AA0324@ohman>, daveo@ohman.UUCP (Dave Oh) writes:

>My question to him, and to anyone else is... How do I get UUCP/UseNet for the Amiga to work properly.  I've set up my HD in theN proper manner.  I have:
>	S (dir)
>	spool (dir)
>	lib (dir)
>	c (dir)
>	mail (dir)
>	     news (dir)
>	          comp.sys.amiga (dir)
>	  daveo
>	  Mailer-Daemon           newsgroups
>	manuals (dir)

The problem is this:  Whenever I get feed, UUPOLL will always put the feed into the UUCP:mail/Mailer-Daemon file and not in its Nproper directory in News:comp.sys.amiga/xxx, to use an example.  I have Man: News: and UUCP: assigned properly, and sti

rps2@conexch.UUCP (Richard Stevens) (10/04/89)

Looks like my last attempt to post got scrambled, so here we go again:

Sorry about sucking up the bandwidth, but does anyone have netnews,
UUCP and MAIL for the Amiga? I have UUPC Camelot 1.8, but am having
the devil's own time trying to make it go. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. EMail would be just fine.

Thanks in advance (and sorry about the nasty line noise!)

Rick Stevens
..uunet!perigrine!ccicpg!nexch!rps2
75006.1355@compuserve.com -or- 75006,1355 (CIS direct)

kxs5829@ultb.UUCP (K.X. Saunders) (10/06/89)

Hi,
	Does anyone know if and where there is a more recent version of
Amiga UUCP than the one on FF152?

			Thanks,
			Kyle