[comp.sys.amiga] WB 1.4 outline font support

FILLMORE@EMRCAN.BITNET (10/05/89)

  Rumor has it that WB 1.4 will include support for outline fonts.
Does anybody know if these are Commodore proprietary fonts?
Has Commodore considered licensing the outline font technology recently
announced by Apple, and licensed by Microsoft for use on OS/2 and
HP LaserJet printers?
________________________
Bob Fillmore, Systems Software & Communications   BITNET:  FILLMORE@EMRCAN
  Computer Services Centre,                       Voice:   (613) 992-2832
  Energy, Mines, & Resources Canada               BIX:     bfillmore
  588 Booth St., Ottawa, Ontario, Canada  K1A 0E4

utoddl@uncecs.edu (Todd M. Lewis) (10/06/89)

In article <8910042015.AA26851@jade.berkeley.edu>, FILLMORE@EMRCAN.BITNET writes:

>   Rumor has it that WB 1.4 will include support for outline fonts.
> Does anybody know if these are Commodore proprietary fonts?
> Has Commodore considered licensing the outline font technology recently
> announced by Apple, and licensed by Microsoft for use on OS/2 and
> HP LaserJet printers?

Adobe has just put the PostScript type 1 font specification into PD (in
response, it seems, to the Microsoft/Apple announcement).  Is it too late
to work that in?  Native PostScript with real PostScript fonts
would seem like a Good Thing.
_____
  |      Todd M. Lewis            Disclaimer: If you want my employer's
  ||\/|  utoddl@ecsvax.uncecs.edu             ideas, you'll have to
  ||  || utoddl@ecsvax.bitnet                 _buy_ them.
   |  ||
       |___   ("Prgrms wtht cmmnts r lk sntncs wtht vwls." --TML)

mclek@dcatla.UUCP (Larry E. Kollar) (10/06/89)

>  Rumor has it that WB 1.4 will include support for outline fonts.
>Does anybody know if these are Commodore proprietary fonts?
>Has Commodore considered licensing the outline font technology recently
>announced by Apple, and licensed by Microsoft for use on OS/2 and
>HP LaserJet printers?

I'll bet a dollar, even money, that CBM is planning to use the AGFA
Compugraphic fonts.  I just got a letter from Gold Disk, offering to
upgrade Pro Page to 1.3, that talks about outline font support.  They
had the "beta" WB1.3 drivers long before the official upgrade came out.
Guess which outline fonts Gold Disk is using?

Just a hunch.
--
Larry Kollar	...!gatech!dcatla!mclek
Pray for me:  I drive on Georgia 400.