[comp.sys.amiga] ARexx: Where to find it?

In <208@canary6.UUCP>, king@cell.mot.COM (Steven King) writes:
>Okay, I've been seeing here lots and lots of stuff about ARexx.  Having cut
>my teeth on Rexx under VM/CMS, I'm rather interested in getting a copy for
>myself.  The question is...  Where?  Is it PD or shareware, and available
>somewhere on the nets?  Or is it a commercial product?  If so, what can I
>expect to pay for it?

ARexx is commercial, and list price is about $50. Do yourself a favour if you
buy it, and add another $50 (list) for WShell, which knows all about ARexx, and
makes ARexx scripts transparently callable as if they were binary executables.
I have seen both of these packages advertised in the $35 range from mail order
places. Both packages are written by, and available from:

William S. Hawes
P.O. Box 308
Maynard, MA  01754

Phone: (617) 568-8695

>Someone (I forget who) remarked that VM/CMS is one of the few IBM mainframe
>OSs that isn't one big kludge.  You mean, VM/CMS is one of the BETTER ones?!?
>The mind reels...

It's true. My mind has been reeling for years. Every OS from IBM, (on their
mainframes that is), has been a heavily patched version of the one that
preceded it, with the notable exception of VM/CMS.

>  For the record, both my alma mater (Michigan Tech) and
>my place of employment (Motorola) use VM/CMS on the mainframe.  Though it
>pleases me no end that we software engineers here at work use the Sun
>network FAR more than the mainframe!

Good choice. :-)

-larry

--
My name is OS/2, Mandius, Kludge of Kludges.
Look upon my works, ye CS majors, and gag.

king@cell.mot.COM (Steven King) (10/07/89)

Okay, I've been seeing here lots and lots of stuff about ARexx.  Having cut
my teeth on Rexx under VM/CMS, I'm rather interested in getting a copy for
myself.  The question is...  Where?  Is it PD or shareware, and available
somewhere on the nets?  Or is it a commercial product?  If so, what can I
expect to pay for it?

Someone (I forget who) remarked that VM/CMS is one of the few IBM mainframe
OSs that isn't one big kludge.  You mean, VM/CMS is one of the BETTER ones?!?
The mind reels...  For the record, both my alma mater (Michigan Tech) and
my place of employment (Motorola) use VM/CMS on the mainframe.  Though it
pleases me no end that we software engineers here at work use the Sun
network FAR more than the mainframe!

| There's nothing in this world quite so         | Steve King  (312) 991-8056 |
| dangerous as a bored engineer.                 |   ...uunet!motcid!king     |
|                                                |   ...ddsw1!palnet!stevek   |