[comp.sys.amiga] Idea processors

nsw@cbnewsm.ATT.COM (Neil Weinstock) (10/07/89)

In article <785@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca> lphillips@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca (Larry Phillips) writes:
[ ... ]
>Well, it isn't exactly an editor, but Flow, from New Horizon's, will do
>something akin to that. In case you aren't familiar with it, it is an 'idea
>processor', something that definitely fits in with the concept of developing
>and writing a program.  I was toying with the thought of using Flow to write
>and keep a copy of the code, and having a separate program that would take a
>Flow data file and build a stripped-down source file (sans comments), that
>could be compiled.  Another program might build a doc file from special
>'comment blocks' that need not fit the format of the comments in the language
>you are using.

Interesting idea.  Actually, I've long been wondering about idea processors,
since I've never gotten a chance to see one in action.  They sound neat, but
it's hard for me to guess exactly what I would do with one.  Could anyone
give some examples of what these programs do, and what applications they
might be useful for?

I am also interested in comments on Flow specifically, since that was the
program that rekindled my interest recently...

\\\\ Neil Weinstock //\\ att!cord!nsw  or //\\ "Oh dear, now I shall have ////
//// AT&T Bell Labs \\// nsw@cord.att.com \\//  to create more Martians." \\\\